Analog Discovery - 7400 competition price

Anything not related to a specific project.

Re: Analog Discovery - 7400 competition price

Postby attila » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:08 am

Parallel with the 820K resistor we have a capacitor with voltage rating of 50V. This sets the limitation.
attila

Postby matseng » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:24 am

Yup, that is definitely a limiting factor. Good to know that it will survive moderately high voltages. Thanks.
matseng

Postby oakkar7 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:57 am

If you don't mind, here is my price (although a bit late :) ). Bus Pirate Hack Pack.

When coupon mailed day, I waited patiently to catch the order. Mail arrived at that night 12:50 PM local time. I happily selected Pi. But the next evening, another coupon mail was arrived again and my order was canceled. Some prizes have geographical restriction. As someone mention in blog comment (some cats are really fast in drawing :D), my aim prizes are already taken. Finally, I end up picking BP. Dear admins, pls mention clearly the price with geographical restriction at shopping lists or coupon mail for the next time.

Anyway, I am happy with my price because I already have BB+OBLS and I think I should have BP also. Here is my DP collection, BP, BB and OBLS. How a fun and complete hack tool series!

oakkar7

Postby ian » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:17 am

Sorry about the not great prize picking. It was a bit of a disaster this year I admit it.

This is the second post I noticed with no inline images. Is anyone else noticing that?
ian
Crew
Crew

Postby oakkar7 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:12 am

No problem Ian because I am also happy with my BP :D.

What is the problem with inline images? In my view, this post is OK.
oakkar7

Postby collinsX » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:34 am

Hi everybody,
I'm really interested to be get a full control of Analog Discovery : get an acquisition board for this price is creazy !
I'm able since few days to download my own .bit to the board (I know how to use the dll digilent functions : Enum, EnumInfo, Open,Close)
Now I would like to get the schematic of the board... But the most important wires are under the FPGA :(.
This week i will try guessing but with 100 I/Os it can be long... Maybe s.o owns a broken board and can make a picture of the pcb under the fpga ????
Bytheway, if i got help from there, i will enjoy to explain exactly how to get a full software control of the board :D

Capture-2.jpg
collinsX

Postby collinsX » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:21 am

So disapointed, i just read on digilent website :
"National Instruments (NI) recently acquired all the outstanding shares of Digilent Inc. Digilent will operate as a wholly-owned NI subsidiary under the existing leadership at its current locations in Pullman, Washington and Cluj-Napoca, Romania.

By joining National Instruments, Digilent can expand the focus of our primary mission of creating the next generation of educational products that expands accessibility and adoption of our technologies by educators and students around the world. For years Digilent has brought new and innovative engineering education products to students, schools and universities developing a strong offering in digital and embedded electronics for engineering education and design. This compliments NI’s long history of investment into the academic education and research markets including an academic program important in educating and inspiring the next generation of system designers. To learn more about NI’s business, vision, and award-winning company culture visit http://www.ni.com . (ohhhh nice !)

Digilent will continue to sell and support its products under the Digilent brand through its direct, distributor, and OEM channels. As a result, Digilent customers should continue to use the existing email, phone, and web address to contact Digilent or its distributors for sales, services, and support. "

So be ready, to say goodbye to the nice creativity of Digilent and its cheap prices! In few years we could buy all the digilent product under an educational NI brand ...
collinsX

Previous

Return to General discussion