New Client: OLSFront

Support and development for logic analyzer client software used with the Logic Sniffer.

Re: New Client: OLSFront

Postby danielsoy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:40 pm

Ok, thanks by the advise.

Bingo!!.

Could find none decoding error scrolling from triggering to the end of capture, around 212mseg,
with DO timing, on Falling edge.

Beautifull piece of code, must admit...

I will try another decoding, reading same eeprom, but configured as 1024x16bits this time.

am in heaven!
danielsoy

Postby jadew » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:25 pm

I realized that when sampling on falling edge the DO line data should start on the rising edge of the clock and stop at the next rising edge, as opposed to the DI line which starts and stops on falling edges (being sampled on the rising edge).

Here's the parser update:
http://dumb.ro/lafront/protocols/microwire.js

And here's an image that shows what I mean:

PS:
Glad you like it.
jadew

Postby danielsoy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:20 pm

all right , with last decoder with eeprom as 2048x8.

Now look what happens Jadew, when I try to decode a capture, reading same memory, but organized as 1024x16
this time (16 data bits and 10 add bits)

firm and capture file
http://www.4shared.com/rar/JOC7kwo0/firm_y_capture_de0a15_1024x16_.html

decoder video
http://youtu.be/AsvV7U2wIn0

Looks like decoder left aside 8 more significant bits, and just decodes the other 8 to the right side...

Am i wrong?
Last edited by danielsoy on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
danielsoy

Postby jadew » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Hey, thanks for the bug report, that's because when formatting it as hex, I forgot to specify how many bytes to format.

Here's a fix for it: http://dumb.ro/lafront/protocols/microwire.js

Edit: You might want to download the entire package again, I made some changes to the SPI parser as well. Alternatively you can get only the parser from http://dumb.ro/lafront/protocols/spi.js
jadew

Postby danielsoy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:44 pm

Working perfect now, with last decoder!

Was wondering if to add a way to compare original data checksum (when we know it), with checksum of decoded capture,
would be a fast method to know if decoder settings, are well chosen.

What do u think, is it possible or usefull in any way?
Last edited by danielsoy on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danielsoy

Postby jadew » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:51 pm

It's possible and easy to add in the parser, however I don't think it's generally useful since you'll capture chunks of data and most of the time you won't know checksums and things like this.

In order to add this feature, in the parser you can define a checksum variable for both data lines and compute the checksum right after
Code: Select all
      // Output data
      addData(di, start, end, 'D ' + dfmt(inData));
      addData(Do, doStart, doEnd, 'D ' + dfmt(outData));

Then at the end of the parser you can output the checksum like this: log('Checksum DO: ' + doChk)

log() will output stuff to the log window so you will be able to inspect the checksum after parsing the data.

Edit:
Thanks for testing this, I appreciate it.

Edit2:
Let me know if you need help with the checksum thing.
Last edited by jadew on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jadew

Postby danielsoy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:32 pm

Ok Jadew , thanks for the hint about my last question, and let me tell that
u are truly kind and an excellent programmer .

Am surprised how fast and clean, u have solved my questions.

I will keep visiting your site, for more updates.

Hasta la vista..
danielsoy

Postby jadew » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:35 pm

Thank you and you're welcome :)
jadew

Postby jadew » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:48 am

Alright,

I added an update feature for easy protocol parser updating and release notifier. Can be set to check for updates every time it starts.

The Updates dialog is found under Help -> Updates.

http://dumb.ro/lafront/
jadew

Postby danielsoy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:04 am

Already downloaded n working great

Thanks again.
danielsoy

Postby jadew » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:24 pm

You should check for parser updates, I found and fixed a bug in the microwire parser, when the data was 1 Byte long, the address was becomming 1 Byte long as well.

Also, all the protocols gained a 'h' after the decoded data, when formatting as hex. However for 1Wire, SPI and UART, it displays the data with out the 'h', in the annotation on the diagram. That's because it seems that in these cases, it clutters the display, doing more bad than good. They do get the 'h' in the decoded data window tho.

Enjoy

Edit: You'll have to reconfigure your other parsers (other than microwire) for the already saved files, because if you don't configure the formatting (in an old capture), it will default to decimal display.

Will also have to update the samples on the site, so if you like messing with those, you might want to re-download them as well.

Edit2: I also added one of your microwire samples to the mix of samples, hope you don't mind.
jadew

Postby danielsoy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:31 pm

No need to ask, use those samples as u please .

Client and samples updates, downloaded.

If you need more samples, wtih a particular data or something like that, dont hestitate to ask.
danielsoy

Postby jadew » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:45 pm

Sure thing, thank you.

You didn't have to re-download the client, only the parsers got updated. When a new program update will be available, it will say so in the Updates window, where the URL for the project's page is:

In this picture it also says "Diff", next to 1-Wire, that's because I'm working on it and it has the same version as the one on the server, however they have different hashes. This means that If I wanted to play with one of the protocols, I could do so and if I wasn't happy with the results I could easily revert to the latest version from the server.

Another state for the updates is "New" which means that the version of the protocol on the server is bigger than the one currently in use.

You can also go to Tools -> Options and set the alert mode to "Parsers". This will have the effect that every time you start the program it will check for new parsers OR program releases. If you would select "Differences" it will check for parser differences, new parsers and program releases.

Hope this makes sense and that it will be useful. It's definitely easier to deliver parser updates directly trough the program than to ask users to re-download the thing.

All the best
jadew

Postby tmf » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:19 pm

Great job. Very nice program. Works fast, and flawless. I greatly encourage you to develop it. BTW, is it possible to zoom in/out the displayed charts?
tmf

Postby jadew » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:37 am

tmf wrote:Great job. Very nice program. Works fast, and flawless. I greatly encourage you to develop it. BTW, is it possible to zoom in/out the displayed charts?

Hi tmf, thanks for the support.

Yes, you can zoom in and out by holding down CTRL and using the mouse wheel.

You should take a quick look over this http://dumb.ro/lafront/#quickstart
jadew

PreviousNext

Return to Client software