Shenzen sightseeing

Really anything Shenzhen related, but especially community support for Hacker Camp Shenzhen.

Shenzen sightseeing

Postby mikeselectricstuff » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:27 pm

I'll be working in Hong Kong at the beginning of Nov, hoping to be able to sneak off for the odd day trip or two in Shenzen if possible.
I did this a couple of days last year - just wondering if there's anything other than all the HQB market madness to go see.
Is the Science museum worth a trip?
mikeselectricstuff

Re: Shenzen sightseeing

Postby TomKeddie » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:54 pm

just wondering if there's anything other than all the HQB market madness to go see.

Depends what you want, personally I think Dafeng sounds great. Tripadvisor has a decent list of conventional tourist activites but most are things you can do anywhere in the world, HQB is more unique to me.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attractions-g297415-Activities-Shenzhen_Guangdong.html
TomKeddie

Re: Shenzen sightseeing

Postby RVX » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:05 am

Halo, I'm Victor,
an open hardware manufacturer and dirty-pcb customer since early 2016.
I will be visiting Shenzhen with a group of 4 students from Sat. 11.11.17 till Wed. 22.11.17 and we are very interested on visiting the open hardware community / developers / Manufacturing process and facilities / studio visits in Shenzhen.
This visit it's part of a new pilot studies project that will start next year and is aimed to present the reality of the manufacturing process with a hands-on workshops and visits in the core of the actual hardware manufacturing market.

Is it possible to make an appointment to visit some of you in Shenzhen on the week after the maker faire:13-17.11.17?
Could you send me some interesting (out of the radar) places to visit?

Below a resume of the dates and plans:
Dates: Arrive Morning Sat 11.11.17 / Dept. Morning 22.11.17
People: 4 Selected students (industrial design, arts, design) + 2 Prof.
Interest: In/formal meetings to meet the Open hardware community / developers / Manufacturing process and facilities / studio visits in Shenzhen.

Thank you very much in advance
/v
RVX

Return to Hacker Camp Shenzhen