SMT700 New vision based SMT machine from SMALLSMT

Reflow ovens, hot plates, pick and place machines, test rigs, solder stencils. Small scale manufacturing and prototyping tool discussion.

Re: SMT700 New vision based SMT machine from SMALLSMT

Postby supertronic » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:20 am

Hi,
I can use 12 mm & 16 mm with these lines right?

Yes one configuration has 4x8mm, 5x12mm, 2x 16mm, 1x 24mm (NORTH FEEDER)

Is shipping included in the price?

Normally not but we can give a discount maybe.

What OS you need to run on the PC?

It needs Windows XP or above a good choice is Windows 7 ultimate (cheap / stable / multilanguage)

Best regards
Michael
supertronic

Postby spoolofwire » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:49 pm

Michael,

Hey just another question I've been wondering. If I get one of your machines is it reasonably possible to program it for a single board? (verse a panel)

with my designs I usually get a board house that will do a batch lot of several different pcbs on a panel and I'll get maybe 3 or 9 single pcb boards of my design. Would it be possibly to program your machine to do a single one up board? or are there boarders or a minimum board size required? From the download link you posted of the SMT500D it looked like it the PCB was held down in between those two metal brackets. So is there a minimal size those brackets can go down to? or were they just running along the edge of the PCB and there was no part of the PCB being held under those brackets?

I was wondering since it has vision which (if I place fiducials correctly) I would imagine it could correct for the individual differences between these one up boards that I purchase.

Also if it is possible to do a single small board, how (or what) is the process of moving to say a panel board? would I be starting a new program from scratch? or would take the basic x and y program from Altium and then maybe do some adjustments in excel? and take that file and go from there?

or does the software with your machines automatically do this for me and I would just say I'm going form a single board to a board that has 2 x 5 (total of 10 boards) and give the x and y difference between the original board and the new layout. (This would be ideal or perhaps there is a better way that I'm unaware of? as I haven't used a pick and place machine yet)

Do you have any idea when your SMT600 will be coming along? I won't be able to go with the SMT500D as it doesn't support enough different tape and reels for my projects.

Thanks for your time,

-J
spoolofwire

Postby supertronic » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:53 am

Hi,

Hey just another question I've been wondering. If I get one of your machines is it reasonably possible to program it for a single board? (verse a panel)

The software support panelizing or different boards in one job no problem.
So one easy way is to define the boards in a row and how many columns you use and define the X / Y spacing.
After this you can check the position of each board and adjust. Now it is possible to add 2 fiducioals for each board in the panel.

I was wondering since it has vision which (if I place fiducials correctly) I would imagine it could correct for the individual differences between these one up boards that I purchase.

Yes you can define a set of two fiducials for each board you define in the placement area.

Best regards
Michael
supertronic

Postby supertronic » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Here is a preview of the new SMT600 design.

There are hundred things to do but the basic design is shown.

supertronic

Postby Iztok » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:49 am

Hi Michael
I am following your posts with great interest and it is highly possible I will purchase one from you. You designed SMT pick and place SMT600 and SMT700 just I was imagine my "dream" SMT machine with low cost interchangeable feeders.

I am designing different products for relative small markets. Because human life is in danger, when using most of mine products, I need high reliability and high accuracy P&P machine. Quantities are too small to purchase big machine, I have limited space and I have not full controll over product when assembled by subcontractors. Somethimes they're not using my material and RF modules are not working as they should or not at all.
At your design I appreciate a lot the way of your approach. You gave highest priority to quality and precision, while price is in second plan. Congratulations this is the right way !! I have enough of bad quality products on market made just for generating profit.

I believe, that you have worldwide huge potential, producing HIGH END, SMALL business affordable P&P machines.
For me most important criteria are in following order:
- High precision vision supported pick and place (0402, 0603, 0805,...)
- interchangeable feeders sets. (No need for single reel feeder)
- affordable price for small business.
- versatility for other type of feeders
- automatic nozzle changer (I like your nozzle design, SUPER)
- speed, NOT LESS THAN 1.000pcs/h
- good support

Looking forward to receive from you direct contact since I am 99% sure we will make a deal.

My ISM module 433MHz, 868MHz in 0603. Would like to go on 0402 in future:
PICTURE: I can't post the picture of module, so I will send link to private message.

Best regards
Iztok, EU
Iztok

Postby phangmoh » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:55 pm

First of all we are releasing our new SMT500D in January.

As I didn't see updates on your web until now, I searched on Taobao for your machine.
It is priced at Yuan 29502.00 which translate to USD4700. I believe it is the same machine.
Is there any reason for the price differences (international warranty, different quality made for international)?
phangmoh

Postby LordBlick » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:21 pm

I'm interested to buy, but where ? If communication API will be available, then it will be allowable to adopt to Linux, which is available even on Raspberry Pi…
LordBlick

Postby supertronic » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:38 am

As I didn't see updates on your web until now, I searched on Taobao for your machine.
It is priced at Yuan 29502.00 which translate to USD4700. I believe it is the same machine.
Is there any reason for the price differences (international warranty, different quality made for international)?

Yes our machine has some modifications and we do the complete support and documentation.
So we need to earn money to do.
The only reason why I didn't start is the machine controller and software will be updated for VP-2000D by the manufacturer and we need to test again.

There are some availiable having the oursmt software.
Last edited by supertronic on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
supertronic

Postby supertronic » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:45 am

I'm interested to buy, but where ? If communication API will be available, then it will be allowable to adopt to Linux, which is available even on Raspberry Pi…

I am back from China now.

We are working hard on the release of the SMT600 machine because it's build complete in Germany.

The software is running on a Windows 7 / 8 based PC maybe possible to port to Linux too.

All the machine hardware is custom designed and modular.
For the motion controller for X and Y axis we use a TinyG controller.
Our placement had has an own controller with can bus interface and is exchangeable.

Our complete machine is upgradeable one or two heads, vaccuum pump inside, different type of feeders like drag- tray- and vibration feeders.

Servo motors for X and Y axis.

Low-cost or high end vision system using industrial grade cameras and optional on the fly vision system too.
supertronic

Postby LordBlick » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:52 am

supertronic wrote:We are working hard on the release of the SMT600 machine because it's build complete in Germany.

I'm from Poland, so direct reception of the machine is not a problem. EU VAT ID too - I have got small business with projecting/producing microcontroller applications.
supertronic wrote:The software is running on a Windows 7 / 8 based PC maybe possible to port to Linux too.
I'm also Python programmer, much time spending on KiCAD scripting, so I can cooperate with my knowledge. Porting to Python is also independent of the operating system, because that development platform exists in practically ever OS.
Was this a correct guess is that communicate through the USB-RS?
LordBlick

Postby supertronic » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:43 pm

I'm also Python programmer, much time spending on KiCAD scripting, so I can cooperate with my knowledge. Porting to Python is also independent of the operating system, because that development platform exists in practically ever OS.
Was this a correct guess is that communicate through the USB-RS?

The communication interface is a USB / serial interface for the motion controller and a USB CAN bus bridge for feeder and placement head.

But all of the vision processing is done by the PC software so maybe it is easier to port to linux by using the MONO project.

I hope to provide an API interface to add user custom functions.
supertronic

Postby supertronic » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:13 am

phangmoh wrote:
First of all we are releasing our new SMT500D in January.

This machine couldn't released because the software had to many problems.
Now the new machine software is finished and has an impressive speed using vision system.
I show a sample video on our website wiki.smallsmt.com.

Our machines where produced meeting our requirements for international standards.
We support you using the machines so we need to earn money too.
supertronic

Postby supertronic » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:30 am

Here is the new machine control software for VP-2000D machines formerly called SMT500D.

The user interface is reduced to the functions you need and the vision windows is embedded.

This is the pcb panelizing dialog:

And here the feeder setup dialog showing how to define a tray feeder inside working area.

The front panel is now modified and has some additional buttons to Start, Pause, and Stop a job and cursor buttons to move the machine too.

Here is the video link https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpw2rwmddy1axvi/VID_20150202_203553.mp4?dl=0

And here are the results
supertronic

Postby Iztok » Sat May 02, 2015 2:39 am

Hi Supersonic, M.
This vision two heads version is just what I need. As I see 0603 are aligned OK so it will be easy to handel 0402 too. Looking forward for any news about progress.
BR Iztok
Iztok

Postby supertronic » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:43 am

Hi,

I am now back from China.
I visited Neoden, Qihe and our manufacturer Yusheng.
This weekend I write a report about the features of TM245P, TVM802, and our new machines.

Regards
Michael
supertronic

PreviousNext

Return to Tools of the trade