Cutting mylar stencils with a silohuette cameo

Reflow ovens, hot plates, pick and place machines, test rigs, solder stencils. Small scale manufacturing and prototyping tool discussion.

Re: Cutting mylar stencils with a silohuette cameo

Postby ppo » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:12 am

sobakava wrote:Is there any way to use this on Windows 10?

I've just tested Cameo2 on Win10 x64 and it works perfectly with g2g_gui.py script.
And cutter appears in Devices and Printers as expected.
ppo

Postby racemaniac » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:12 am

ppo wrote:
sobakava wrote:Is there any way to use this on Windows 10?

I've just tested Cameo2 on Win10 x64 and it works perfectly with g2g_gui.py script.
And cutter appears in Devices and Printers as expected.

With a portrait on windows 10, i had the same issues as others above.
For me to get it to work on windows 10, i had to do the following:

- in the fixes made to the python script mentioned early in this thread, i had to add .exe to the modifications, my windows wouldn't run the programs unless the full filename was specified.

-my portrait didn't show up in the printers, but it did show up as an unknown device with "usb printing support" capabilities. Alas that was not enough to be able to share it over the network, so i followed these instructions to create a new printer with the microsoft generic printing drivers pointed to the port of the portrait: search for the following on google: "raw printing directly usb printer" and you should find the stackoverflow article (i can't post the link since i'm a new user -_- )

And with that i've got it all up & running perfectly on a windows 10 machine, and with a portrait. I assume people having the same issue with the cameo 3 will also be able to solve it like that :) (at first i gave the VM option a try, and indeed, with a windows 7 VM i could also get it to work, but just being able to do it in windows 10 is far better :p )
racemaniac

Postby adzus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:07 am

Hello, friends!
Has anyone tried compatibility of gerber2graphtec with Cameo3 or Curio models?
Curio2 is out of production :(
But I would very much like to take a model with two heads for other tasks than cutting smd templates.
adzus

Previous

Return to Tools of the trade