Liteplacer - a low cost PNP kit for our hackerspace

Reflow ovens, hot plates, pick and place machines, test rigs, solder stencils. Small scale manufacturing and prototyping tool discussion.

Liteplacer - a low cost PNP kit for our hackerspace

Postby skrubis » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:45 pm

So we decided to get the Liteplacer for our hackerspace.

Received it yesterday.
Extremely well documented and packed kit. The creator (Juha from Finland) has done really great job documenting everything and our communication so far has been very professional.

We started assembling it yesterday, probably will take some more days given the current pace.
Last edited by skrubis on Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
skrubis

Re: TP01 (or a cheap PnP machine for a hackerspace)

Postby JuKu » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:17 pm

Soryfor the self-promotion, but have you seen http://www.liteplacer.com?
JuKu

Postby skrubis » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:42 am

Well that's totally a thing worth considering. I'll bring this up to the guys and see what they think.
skrubis

Postby 2thick4uni » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:50 pm

I bought an SMT50 machine from hothot smt, possibly the first in the UK? Haven't had time to do much with it yet but they are certainly a genuine company and the machine seems very well built and software runs ok under Win 7. Really well packed and fast DHL delivery. I bought it from them using paypal rather than wire transfer, cost about 5% more this way but more buyer protection. Much better option than TM240 for me as it has optional second feeder and can hold 36 reels and has vision too. I understaand that there is also a cheaper version without vision too....
2thick4uni

Re: Liteplacer - a low cost PNP kit for our hackerspace

Postby nagle » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:39 pm

So what happened with the Liteplacer? It's been two years since the unboxing. Did it work? Does it get used? Does it talk to, say, KiCAD? Is it as good as its PR from 2015 says it is?
nagle

Return to Tools of the trade