Tutorial, FAQ or guide for SoB newbies?

Standard PCB templates and project cases

Tutorial, FAQ or guide for SoB newbies?

Postby stryker » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:26 am

Hi

Apologies in advance for these gumby questions. Last week I got my first simple EagleCAD design made by Seeed and, while it worked, I'd like to update it to sick of beige before having them stamp out a larger batch. I've got it to the stage where I *think* it looks right to go with the 31x50 template but would like to be sure.

Is there a tutorial somewhere for someone who's never used an EagleCAD template that you'd recommend I look to before placing the order? For example (and apologies if this sounds super-dumb) what do I do with the squared off box that surrounds the board view? Since it doesn't want to resize to the exact boundary of the SoB template, will it ruin things if it's slightly bigger? Are there any gotchas I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Geoff
stryker

Re: Tutorial, FAQ or guide for SoB newbies?

Postby dolabra » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:59 am

You can delete the rectangular box that is in the dimensions layer, as the SoB has a dimensions layer included.
dolabra

Re: Tutorial, FAQ or guide for SoB newbies?

Postby stryker » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:11 am

Thanks dolabra that's exactly what I needed. I'm happy with how it's turned out so will place the order tonight and see how it comes back in a few weeks.

Cheers ! Geoff
stryker

Return to Sick of Beige