Sizes not as advertized: Problem Solved

Standard PCB templates and project cases

Sizes not as advertized: Problem Solved

Postby hsauro » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:23 pm

See my reply to my own post. The sizes are ok, the advertised sizes refer to the internal PCB board which makes more sense. My comment below is therefore not applicable.

"I far as I can tell the advertised sizes of the sick of beige boards v1 are not what one gets when ordered. For example, the 60 by 60 mm boards are actually 64mm by 64mm. Or the 70mm by 43mm boards are actually 74mm by 47mm. Same goes for the two other boards I ordered. It looks like they are all 4mm larger than expected.

My question is, if I were to order these again, would the dimensions be the same? Will they always be 4mm larger than the advertised boards but i the the dimensions vary on each order then that will be a problem. I've not look at the PCB templates but I presume these must be 4mm bigger as well?"
Last edited by hsauro on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hsauro

Re: Sizes not as advertized

Postby hsauro » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:31 pm

I think I've figured it out, the advertised dimensions correspond to the internal PCB size. This gives 2mm on both sides as a spacer for the board.
hsauro

Re: Sizes not as advertized: Problem Solved

Postby ian » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:45 am

Do you mean the footprints you used to produce your own PCBs are incorrect, or you bought a Bus Pirate or other thing and the size is incorrect?
ian
Crew
Crew

Re: Sizes not as advertized: Problem Solved

Postby dolabra » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:57 am

I am thinking that he means that the SOB case is 4mm wider than a SOB PCB
dolabra

Return to Sick of Beige