Really universal soldering controller

A place to document your own projects.

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Postby roor » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:06 am

minkok wrote:
Tony wrote:Hey

Now I did as you wrote, it should be OK. I tested, it works properly.

Tony

roor wrote:Thnx, but it is not the same, now all menu is switched. If you can compile from source, then apply my changes please and make a build, or anyone else

Hello guys, you can still change the buttons physically, just move ( or double ) them on the front cover and turn them or for the techs with more frequently adjusting temperature demands you can use ALPS SRBM1L0800 switch, the same as I did - very convenient in menu browsing and temp. change in a short range (around page 94 )

And it will fix nothing, because it still be
temp -, and menu UP on same button
temp +, and menu DOWN on same button
so i don't see how it is convenient,
with last changes done by Tony, it is temp -, menu down; temp+, menu up,
and now you can truly lay it whatever you want on a front panel,
i'm planing to make vertical alignment
+, menu UP
enter menu, quick temp switch
-, menu DOWN

beauty
roor

Postby minkok » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:05 am

Now I see, What you mean - good job Tony :)
minkok

Postby roor » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:10 am

btw, should calibration menu always starts from empty values?

example, i have done calibration, long press on menu button then it shown "open sensor" or smt like that, i reboot station (turn off turn on), and if go to calibration menu again there is no previously inputted data, should it save it or not?

thnx
roor

Postby minkok » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:31 am

roor wrote:btw, should calibration menu always starts from empty values?

example, i have done calibration, long press on menu button then it shown "open sensor" or smt like that, i reboot station (turn off turn on), and if go to calibration menu again there is no previously inputted data, should it save it or not?

thnx

meaning of calibration is to align initial point of Vtemp to sparkybg firmware point, by using of a known resistor ( he recommends 10 Ohm 1%) and turning analog pot.
minkok

Postby c96 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:13 pm

I've looked at this project for such a long time haven't got around to making one yet :( was all excited as I wanted to use the jbc nano tweezers read so much through everything spent hours going through the bom and then found I dont think it works with the nano tweezers lol may still need to make one and look into it if works with the hakko micro tweezers fm2023 :)
c96

Postby cristix » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:03 am

Morpheus1979 wrote:I still got some leftovers here: 3 fully assembled and preprogrammed optical sensor pcbs and 5 touch sensor pcbs (3 empty ones and 2 fully assembled):

Maybe someone is interested in some of them...

Hi, I'm interested if you still have some of them, I have sent you a PM.
cristix

Postby laptewHTB » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:57 am

Hello to everyone. I have such problem - my mcu is readable and writable (with my mplab idc3) BUT
1)i have no signals SPI pins for display.
2)Q14 and Q16 doesnot have 3v3 volts on their gates in first moment of time.
3)speaker doesnot react at all.
4) oled is not connected - i think it was a culprit, because it was shorted someway.

3v3 - ok, Vrt =0.8, Vcore = 1.9, Vref =3 ,-0.6 - ok
laptewHTB

Postby salavat » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:44 pm

OK, after trying to resolve error 45 issue (it came up to replacing U11 and soldering it very carefully - one by one pin with delays to cool off the chip. To test whether U11 is guilty for this - just remove it from the board and probably you will see NO INSTRUMENT menu), I shorted D3 and D4 diodes on back board :(
Front board was not connected during this (lucky me). So I replaced D1-D4 and LM2675, then got into the problem of display showing DC while powered from the transformer. Someone already solved that in this thread, so I replaced ZD1 and ZD2 and now I see AC on display.

Moving on for completing my station, I run to another problem, however... This is what shown on display with no calibration resistor attached:

With calibration resistor ADC and R: becomes close to zero and constantly changing around 0.

Any ideas where to look?
Attachments
IMG_1295.jpg
salavat

Postby salavat » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:36 pm

OK, after reading some posts, I resoldered U10, U12, and Rc2. I do not know what was the actual cause, but now I could dial in into 1054 reading, which corresponds to my 10 Ohm resistor value.

Two things remain:

1) The calibration readings constantly changing last digit of the value (ADC goes up and down from 516 to 518, R value is changing from 1054 to 1056). Is this normal?
2) When I disconnect power, I see message Power Lost. Is that OK?
salavat

Postby minkok » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:47 am

salavat wrote:OK, after reading some posts, I resoldered U10, U12, and Rc2. I do not know what was the actual cause, but now I could dial in into 1054 reading, which corresponds to my 10 Ohm resistor value.

Two things remain:

1) The calibration readings constantly changing last digit of the value (ADC goes up and down from 516 to 518, R value is changing from 1054 to 1056). Is this normal?
2) When I disconnect power, I see message Power Lost. Is that OK?

Seems everything is ok, just connect the iron with correct ID Resistors to check it finally
minkok

Postby minkok » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:19 am

laptewHTB wrote:Hello to everyone. I have such problem - my mcu is readable and writable (with my mplab idc3) BUT
1)i have no signals SPI pins for display.
2)Q14 and Q16 doesnot have 3v3 volts on their gates in first moment of time.
3)speaker doesnot react at all.
4) oled is not connected - i think it was a culprit, because it was shorted someway.

3v3 - ok, Vrt =0.8, Vcore = 1.9, Vref =3 ,-0.6 - ok

read that:
"sparkybg wrote:
Did you replaced the buzzer with generatorless one? Do you hear a beep on power up when flashed with standalone HEX? If you are still using your old buzzer, measure the voltage on Q17's gate - you should have several (2-3) Khz square wave there on power up - this is the beep signal.

If you don't hear a beep and you don't have this signal, them the MCU is not running. If you hear beep or have this signal, then the MCU is running and the problem must be in the display PCB."

And if the CPU is not running, check the reset circuit and crystal oscillations, try it without connected display board
minkok

Postby Doomedahab » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:53 pm

Tony wrote:Hey

Now I did as you wrote, it should be OK. I tested, it works properly.

Tony

roor wrote:Thnx, but it is not the same, now all menu is switched. If you can compile from source, then apply my changes please and make a build, or anyone else

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the change, but still it's not perfect. if you go 1 level deeper in the menu the "up" button still is programmed to decrease the value and vice versa. For instance if you want to change t1 value. Can you maybe change that behaviour as well so it is consistent?
Doomedahab

OLED 2.42 connections to Unisolder board

Postby salavat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:23 pm

The OLED display 2.42" mentioned in this thread earlier can be connected to Unisolder board as shown:
Attachments
Oled connections PNG.png
salavat

Postby vulkan35 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:33 am

Available 2 sets + 1 iron handle JBC T245-A.

new..jpg
IMG_0201.JPG
IMG_0148.JPG
vulkan35

Postby jvolk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:36 am

HI guys.
I am trying to get my uni-solder working, but I have few problems and I don't know what is the problem. I checked all soldering and it seems fine.

When I power up unisolder it shows "21" for a 1/2 second and then goes to normal screen (showing no-instument, because I have nothing attached). I connected 10 ohm resistor for calibration, but readings are jumpy. It reads ADC: 540 (numbers are jumping around +- 5), but time to time it jumps to around 314 (few times a second, I recorded a video and checked).

I checked voltage on 10 ohm resistor and its stable around 3.5mV.

If I connect T245 without heater the temperature shows around 20°C, but when I plug also heater the iron heats up over 300°C but temperature on display shows around 26°C and heater is on (I had connected heater for max about 3-4 seconds, because I am afraid I will destroy it otherwise).

What should I check?
jvolk

PreviousNext

Return to Project logs