Really universal soldering controller

A place to document your own projects.

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Postby salavat » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:04 pm

Still waiting for previous questions to be answered, meanwhile, I connected everything loaded firmware (PIC32 was recognized), loaded firmware successfully, when powering on it shows 21 then followed by 45. Nothing comes after.
No instrument etc, attached, just front and back boards.

What could be the problem?
salavat

Postby zed65 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:55 am

I think it's missing the -0.6v rail
zed65

Postby roor » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:04 am

can someone make a build (hex) file for "standalone", switch buttons for + -, put plus on right button, and minus on left, but only for temp, in menu it seems to be more intuitive then for temp control

unfortunately mplab dosn't want to work on last mac version or ARM based linux

i think it is in menu.c file
line 155
change
Code: Select all
if(BTicks[0].d)TTemp += (BTicks[0].n>>6) + 1;
if(BTicks[2].d)TTemp -= (BTicks[2].n>>6) + 1;

to
Code: Select all
if(BTicks[0].d)TTemp -= (BTicks[0].n>>6) + 1;
if(BTicks[2].d)TTemp += (BTicks[2].n>>6) + 1;

thnx
roor

Postby Tony » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:02 am

roor, try this

roor wrote:can someone make a build (hex) file for "standalone", switch buttons for + -, put plus on right button, and minus on left, but only for temp, in menu it seems to be more intuitive then for temp control
Attachments
with_bootloader_plus_minus_changed.ZIP
(77.74 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
standalone_plus_minus_changed.ZIP
(87.43 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Tony

Postby salavat » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:41 am

zed65 wrote:I think it's missing the -0.6v rail

You mean from the back board? It comes to the front board I am sure. You think to try to trace it?
salavat

Postby salavat » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:07 pm

zed65 wrote:I think it's missing the -0.6v rail

I checked all negative rail points, they are present where they should be according to the scheme.
salavat

Postby vulkan35 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:47 am

Connected JBC NP105-b need information on setting the thermal profile, cartridge С105 series.

https://youtu.be/qfROH83rvUI
vulkan35

Postby minkok » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:09 am

salavat wrote:Still waiting for previous questions to be answered, meanwhile, I connected everything loaded firmware (PIC32 was recognized), loaded firmware successfully, when powering on it shows 21 then followed by 45. Nothing comes after.

you need to read old posts - try to re solder U8 eeprom or replace it.
minkok

Postby roor » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:49 pm

Tony wrote:roor, try this

roor wrote:can someone make a build (hex) file for "standalone", switch buttons for + -, put plus on right button, and minus on left, but only for temp, in menu it seems to be more intuitive then for temp control

Thnx, but it is not the same, now all menu is switched. If you can compile from source, then apply my changes please and make a build, or anyone else
roor

Postby Tony » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:38 pm

Hey

Now I did as you wrote, it should be OK. I tested, it works properly.

Tony

roor wrote:Thnx, but it is not the same, now all menu is switched. If you can compile from source, then apply my changes please and make a build, or anyone else
Attachments
with_bootloader_plus or minus changed_A.ZIP
(77.88 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
standalone_plus_minus_changed_A.ZIP
(87.46 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Tony

Postby salavat » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:20 pm

minkok wrote:
salavat wrote:Still waiting for previous questions to be answered, meanwhile, I connected everything loaded firmware (PIC32 was recognized), loaded firmware successfully, when powering on it shows 21 then followed by 45. Nothing comes after.

That is correct, I read old posts, but that is not really helpful.

1) If I can load firmware successfully (that is what eeprom U8 for - right?) - that means eeprom is OK.
2) Regarding error 45 sparky said he does not know what is the problem and suggested removing U8, 10, 11, 15 and 17 (maybe) one by one and look for the changes after each removal.
3) Also, sparky mentioned that DAC has a certain address, which needs to be quired by MCU, and asked to give exact address number printed on tope of DAC in case someone could not have it is working, that is to be included into the firmware (addressing range as I understand somehow was limited).
4) There was one user in this thread (Scott) who had a similar problem, but I believe he ended up replacing all those chips in I2C line, I contacted him, he did not reply yet to confirm what was a solution to solve this.

Upon speaking to a friend (who has substantial knowledge in electronics and chips) I removed U11 and suddenly I have everything working (except for the part that is handled by U11), that could be one solution, but I do not think you could find this in earlier posts in this thread. Someone I spoke to, had error 45 a couple times, and he said replacing U11 solved that too.
salavat

Postby minkok » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:56 pm

salavat wrote:
minkok wrote:

That is correct, I read old posts, but that is not really helpful.

1) If I can load firmware successfully (that is what eeprom U8 for - right?) - that means eeprom is OK.
2) Regarding error 45 sparky said he does not know what is the problem and suggested removing U8, 10, 11, 15 and 17 (maybe) one by one and look for the changes after each removal.
3) Also, sparky mentioned that DAC has a certain address, which needs to be quired by MCU, and asked to give exact address number printed on tope of DAC in case someone could not have it is working, that is to be included into the firmware (addressing range as I understand somehow was limited).
4) There was one user in this thread (Scott) who had a similar problem, but I believe he ended up replacing all those chips in I2C line, I contacted him, he did not reply yet to confirm what was a solution to solve this.

Upon speaking to a friend (who has substantial knowledge in electronics and chips) I removed U11 and suddenly I have everything working (except for the part that is handled by U11), that could be one solution, but I do not think you could find this in earlier posts in this thread. Someone I spoke to, had error 45 a couple times, and he said replacing U11 solved that too.

It is good that you found out where it was the problem for 45 error and shared this to others and that will be in a help to rest of all needed to build the unisolder.
It is very unlikely if you order or if you have it, MCP4716A0T-E/CH which is with default address config. . to receive some other, user specified, most likely it was fail the time of a short as it could happen to any device on 3.3V rail.
minkok

Postby modoran » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:50 am

salavat wrote:

No, it is not. Firmware is loaded inside PIC32 microcontroller, not inside U8. You can load firmware successfully even without U8 at all.
modoran

Postby roor » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:06 pm

Tony wrote:Hey

Tony

roor wrote:Thnx, but it is not the same, now all menu is switched. If you can compile from source, then apply my changes please and make a build, or anyone else

Thank you, working as expected, now my OSD pleased
roor

Postby minkok » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:38 am

Tony wrote:Hey

Tony

Hello guys, you can still change the buttons physically, just move ( or double ) them on the front cover and turn them or for the techs with more frequently adjusting temperature demands you can use ALPS SRBM1L0800 switch, the same as I did - very convenient in menu browsing and temp. change in a short range (around page 94 )
minkok

PreviousNext

Return to Project logs