Really universal soldering controller

A place to document your own projects.

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Postby salavat » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:12 am

Doomedahab wrote:
salavat wrote:Just to clarify - using display from your link on Ali - it will work out of the box, with stock firmware?

Yes.

Thank you very much)), ordered. Seems that Yellow is the most obvious choice for the display)), white could be good but probably as not contrast as yellow.
salavat

Postby Doomedahab » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:48 pm

I have trouble sourcing the required 100nf caps for the optical sensor. Any harm in using 0.001uf ones?
Doomedahab

Postby afedorov » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:58 pm

Well, that's weird. Besides the fact that this is a fairly typical value, you should have some left from the main PCBs assembly. 1nF is way too small for providing any decent decoupling, which is very important for the IR receiver.
afedorov

Postby Doomedahab » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:14 pm

Oh never mind.... somehow I had pf in mind...I should hold off of the whisky when browsing schematics. :-) Or better yet, not browse schematics on new years eve haha
Doomedahab

Postby Doomedahab » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:39 pm

Happy new year everybody.
Doomedahab

Postby zed65 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:47 pm

Doomedahab wrote:When askast posted a picture of his Unisolder with a 2.42" screen at while ago it certainly piqued my interest :). Based on his description I found that Aliexpress is awash with sellers offering this screen, including back board, for around 17 euros shipped. I just had to see if it worked, and it turns out it's basically plug and play, and compatible with the original firmware, just as askast said. This is the yellow version but is also comes in white, blue and green. Here's the link to the one I purchased:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/0Z5XHSuox

Hi i have the exact same display but i can't get it to show anything :(
Which firmware are you using? Could you post the .hex?
zed65

Postby Doomedahab » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:50 pm

zed65 wrote:
Doomedahab wrote:When askast posted a picture of his Unisolder with a 2.42" screen at while ago it certainly piqued my interest :). Based on his description I found that Aliexpress is awash with sellers offering this screen, including back board, for around 17 euros shipped. I just had to see if it worked, and it turns out it's basically plug and play, and compatible with the original firmware, just as askast said. This is the yellow version but is also comes in white, blue and green. Here's the link to the one I purchased:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/0Z5XHSuox

Hi i have the exact same display but i can't get it to show anything :(
Which firmware are you using? Could you post the .hex?

That's strange, I'm using the standard software as posted by sparkybg in his first post. Did you flash the bootloader first or did you use the version without bootloader?
Doomedahab

Postby zed65 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:14 pm

I used the version without bootloader.
It works with the "standard" 0.96 oled display.
My 2.42 oled is the one with black board, the DiyMore version (if that matters)?
zed65

Postby Doomedahab » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:25 pm

zed65 wrote:I used the version without bootloader.
It works with the "standard" 0.96 oled display.
My 2.42 oled is the one with black board, the DiyMore version (if that matters)?

I have the same display from diymore, with the 24 pin panel. I use the software with the separate bootloader, you might try that although I do not think that will make a difference.
Doomedahab

Postby zed65 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:15 pm

Hmm very strange, can't get it to work, maybe i got a dead display.
zed65

Postby Doomedahab » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:27 am

Does the optical sensor board need to be powered from the back board to program it? My pick it 3 does not see the PIC12F615 when I just plug it in without external power. It's stupid but I cannot find an rj11 cable right now :)

Edited to add: I am using pickit3 to power it with 3.375v. Error is deviceid (0000000) does not match expected deviceid. Obviously the target is not recognized. Do I need to increase the voltage?
Doomedahab

Postby DinikS » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:28 am

Doomedahab wrote:Does the optical sensor board need to be powered from the back board to program it? My pick it 3 does not see the PIC12F615 when I just plug it in without external power. It's stupid but I cannot find an rj11 cable right now :)

Edited to add: I am using pickit3 to power it with 3.375v. Error is deviceid (0000000) does not match expected deviceid. Obviously the target is not recognized. Do I need to increase the voltage?

You can easily increase up to 5V. This pic has the wide range of powering.
DinikS

Postby Doomedahab » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:16 am

DinikS wrote:You can easily increase up to 5V. This pic has the wide range of powering.

Hmm, nu luck so far. So to be sure: did people successfully flash this with just a pickit3 powering it?
Doomedahab

Postby zed65 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:43 am

I'm thinking of a remake of the Unisolder5.2
Big changes are:
1206 components, easier layout regarding the LCD (no solder bridges), deleted unused component.

Not finished board:
board.png
zed65

Postby pkircher » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:31 pm

zed you going to share the kicad project ?
pkircher

PreviousNext

Return to Project logs