Really universal soldering controller

A place to document your own projects.

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Postby afedorov » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:42 pm

In the calibration menu is room temperature OK? If it is OK ADC seems working properly.
Check current source and amplifier sections (viewtopic.php?f=56&t=7218&start=1920#p67592, viewtopic.php?f=56&t=7218&start=1920#p67594)
I'm pretty sure it's some of the components damaged by those power rail surge.
afedorov

Postby kircoff » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:02 am

hi , i have the problem on t210 tip , the temperature is low respect to display the calibration is good . the t245 is work temperature corrisponding to display . idea?
kircoff

Postby NECHTO » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:00 am

kircoff wrote:hi , i have the problem on t210 tip , the temperature is low respect to display the calibration is good . the t245 is work temperature corrisponding to display . idea?

I have the same problem as you. on display 300 - really 260.
I thought the problem with the calibration, 2 of the 3 boards were not calibrated = not enough trimmer...
after re-soldering r57 1.8 (regular 1.5) managed to achieve accurate readings.
In any case, after accurate calibration of the resistor value - temperature t210 is less than 40... And this applies to all three boards!

Can I ask = if someone won't bother to explain really how does this calibration! what values should be and what they are responsible for!
Thank you very much!
NECHTO

Postby NECHTO » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 am

I do not know what can be remotely helped - but we need any considerations..!
don't work - JBC Microtweezers.
The station determines them-heats up to 150-160 and on the display on only this temperature but really the heating continues!!!
so one of the tips is heated to red! - I thought I'd already ruined them... = but I would put them in a pen C210 and they are working fine.

I'm Ten times on different days - check the connector soldering = all exactly right! It is very similar to C210 ++ another pair of wires. I compared it with my T 210-which works and did not make mistakes when soldering the connector! I can't understand what else could be!

I'm really breaking my head!
NECHTO

Postby afedorov » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:14 am

NECHTO wrote: so one of the tips is heated to red!

Which one? Maybe second channel mosfet is bad.

Checked my C210006 on eutectic Sn63Pb37 and Sn99.3Cu0.7.
With Sn63Pb37 set temperature is 185*C and it's right on the edge of melting.
With Sn99.3Cu0.7 have to set 240*C to achieve the same state, so maybe there is some non-linearity present. But this cartridge not exactly good at heat transfer, so I call it spot on. If someone have a high melting temperature eutectic alloys - it is better to test performance by this method and not by thermocouple measurements.
afedorov

Postby kircoff » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:46 am

the problem only t210 same station on t245 works greet
kircoff

Postby minkok » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:46 am

NECHTO wrote:I have the same problem as you. on display 300 - really 260.
I thought the problem with the calibration, 2 of the 3 boards were not calibrated = not enough trimmer...
In any case, after accurate calibration of the resistor value - temperature t210 is less than 40... And this applies to all three boards!

Can I ask = if someone won't bother to explain really how does this calibration! what values should be and what they are responsible for!
Thank you very much!

I wrote about that somewhere in the thread, but I cannot find it, anyway what I saved for me is " I also met calibration problem and replacing the two resistors R57 and R59 in my case with bigger value 1.8k solve the problem by increasing the temperature by 25 C, by the way , I needed only 5 to 10 C." - start with 1.8k and if it is not enough increase with the next closier value.
minkok

Postby minkok » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:48 pm

kircoff wrote:the problem only t210 same station on t245 works greet

Did you bought them from the same place?
Did you follow the connection diagram as it is?
3. JBC C245:
- Outer shell (green wire) connected to EARTH and SENSEB
- Heater positive(red wire) connected to Vout1- and SENSEA
- Heater negative(blue wire) connected to Vout1+
- 150ohm between ID and Vout1-
- 5.6k between ID and Vout2-

4. JBC C210:
- Outer shell (green wire) connected to EARTH and SENSEB
- Heater negative (middle terminal, blue wire) connected to Vout1-
- Heater positive (smaller terminal, red wire) connected to Vout1+ and SENSEA
- 3.0k between ID and Vout1-
- 5.6k between ID and Vout2-

as you can see they have opposite connecting.
minkok

Postby NECHTO » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:40 am

afedorov wrote:
NECHTO wrote: so one of the tips is heated to red!

Which one? Maybe second channel mosfet is bad.

if you keep the tool in the hand of the one that is on the left hand...
and I want to note that I soldered 3 ri soldering station (and I don't expect that you can avoid all the same mistakes... )

How should the soldering station behave if one of the tips(left or right) is not installed?
NECHTO

Postby NECHTO » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:44 am

minkok wrote:
NECHTO wrote:I have the same problem as you. on display 300 - really 260.

Thank you very much!

I wrote about that somewhere in the thread, but I cannot find it, anyway what I saved for me is " I also met calibration problem and replacing the two resistors R57 and R59 in my case with bigger value 1.8k solve the problem by increasing the temperature by 25 C, by the way , I needed only 5 to 10 C." - start with 1.8k and if it is not enough increase with the next closier value.

it was enough for me to replace one, so that I could turn the trim resistor (its stroke was not enough).
the problem is that it is not in fact as not affected the difference in temperature.
NECHTO

Postby NECHTO » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:48 am

Does anyone live in or near Moscow???
NECHTO

Postby minkok » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:44 pm

NECHTO wrote:it was enough for me to replace one, so that I could turn the trim resistor (its stroke was not enough).
the problem is that it is not in fact as not affected the difference in temperature.

First you need to check mosfets Q8 and Q11 if they are ok, as afedorov said already.
If you have the same problem to all three boards may be you have bad component or bad connection ( cable of board connection)
Check if HSEL passes between boards with multimeter - direct to the ICs - pin to pin.
Check CBANDB from mcu to Q18.
Last edited by minkok on Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
minkok

Postby minkok » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:55 pm

Please, share the results.
minkok

Postby NECHTO » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:25 am

minkok wrote:Please, share the results.

believe me-the first thing I thought about is bad contact or not falling through the chip contacts. I want to say that for soldering I used solder paste and "baked" boards in the infrared oven. (the first Board I soldered in the past year - fully soldering iron) after the identified problem = I soldered all the contacts soldering iron.
at the moment I have 3 sets = 't really imagine what could be bad solder or a mistake - but all one and the same problem... ( I want say that fully rule out problems with soldering).
-=I broke my head! =-
the only thing I can imagine is a possible marriage is an element... or I really do not see my mistake somewhere... = but the boards work with T12, C210... and don't fully work with - - JBC Microtweezers....

I already think about that is ready to send 1 complete set to anyone who can and wants to check it (you need to have-JBC Microtweezers)
NECHTO

Postby minkok » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:16 am

NECHTO wrote:
minkok wrote:Please, share the results.

I already think about that is ready to send 1 complete set to anyone who can and wants to check it (you need to have-JBC Microtweezers)

Please, I couldn't understand did you make the checks ?
Do you use the same interconnecting cable between boards ?
The checks I offer to you is not to blame your work and to prove if you have lost connection of the board or cable. I don't speak about bad solder joint.
It is not possible the three boards to have the same problem, look also for shared stuff.

If you want to send a set, it is better to be to someone from your country, for sure I am not.
minkok

PreviousNext

Return to Project logs