Really universal soldering controller

A place to document your own projects.

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Postby SZ64 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:22 am

askast wrote:... There was a post that said you could use TSOP4840 instead of RPM7140. That did not work for me. Might've been one faulty component, but when I switched it out for a RPM7140 it worked. Also the display I used was a 2.42" OLED with SPI interface with SSD1309. Matched up the wires to the front board and it worked flawlessly.


I'm pretty sure that's the case.
Namely, I have installed RPM4840 (original from VISHAY) in 3 stands and all three are working without a hitch.

* which FW did you take (for SSD1306 or SH1106)?
* Can you upload some pictures from the display?

Thank you
User avatar
SZ64
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 4:13 pm
Location: Austria

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Postby askast » Thu May 17, 2018 11:54 am

SZ64 wrote:* which FW did you take (for SSD1306 or SH1106)?

Just the default one in the first post. Which i assumed was for a SSD1306.
SZ64 wrote:* Can you upload some pictures from the display?

I have a video on YouTube with it going through the paces. But I cant post a link yet. This is a screen grab from that video.
Attachments
unisolder.jpg
askast
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 9:57 pm

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Postby askast » Thu May 17, 2018 11:56 am

DinikS wrote:It's very strange I used tsop4840 it works perfectly. Bought a couple from China

Mine was from Digikey, so i have no reason to doubt its quality. but everybody has a few bad apples. and I had a sample size of 1.
askast
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 9:57 pm

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Postby DinikS » Thu May 17, 2018 12:26 pm

askast wrote:Mine was from Digikey, so i have no reason to doubt its quality. but everybody has a few bad apples. and I had a sample size of 1.

You can check that it works or not. The simliest way is using Arduino board and any TV or any remote control.
DinikS
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:42 pm

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Postby askast » Thu May 17, 2018 12:57 pm

DinikS wrote:You can check that it works or not. The simliest way is using Arduino board and any TV or any remote control.

I will check it when i get back home. There is a small possibility i might've thrown it away violently in frustration when i realized swapping the part made it work.
askast
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 9:57 pm

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Postby SZ64 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:04 pm

@askast:

do you have a picture of SSD1309 2.42"OLED module or an eBay/AliExpress link?
I ask because there are several models from 2.42". Thx.
User avatar
SZ64
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 4:13 pm
Location: Austria

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Postby askast » Thu May 17, 2018 1:36 pm

SZ64 wrote:@askast:

do you have a picture of SSD1309 2.42"OLED module or an eBay/AliExpress link?
I ask because there are several models from 2.42". Thx.


i cant even PM you the link. I bought it for $29.95. It was available for much lesser from China, but i didn't want to wait. This is all the info from the ebay listing.
HQ 2.42" 128x64 OLED Graphic Display Module SPI SSD1309 - Color White
Seller information
mdflyelectronics (50604)
Item description
Driver: SSD1309. 2.42" White OLED Display module. Interface: SPI with CS.
Attachments
0.jpeg
0.jpeg (4.1 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
LCD-GR1300.JPG
askast
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 9:57 pm

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Postby Iwanushka » Fri May 18, 2018 12:26 pm

NECHTO wrote:
Iwanushka wrote:Guys,

Maybe someone knows what connector is used on JBC Pa-120 micro tweezers and matching socket? I assume they use the same hirose as in T245 just with reversed connectors?



Did you find the "name" of this connector?

Can someone else say something about this?

for T210 and T245 the same connectors = Hirose RPC1-12RB-6P

For Pa-120 Micro Tweezers - I thought that it would be possible to find the same with Hirose = but I can not find a similar one


Tweezers use standard DIN connector you just need to find one that supports connector cap/ring or just remove it from the tweezers
Iwanushka
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:48 pm

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Postby NECHTO » Mon May 21, 2018 3:45 am

Iwanushka wrote:
NECHTO wrote:
Iwanushka wrote:Guys,

Maybe someone knows what connector is used on JBC Pa-120 micro tweezers and matching socket? I assume they use the same hirose as in T245 just with reversed connectors?



Did you find the "name" of this connector?

Can someone else say something about this?

for T210 and T245 the same connectors = Hirose RPC1-12RB-6P

For Pa-120 Micro Tweezers - I thought that it would be possible to find the same with Hirose = but I can not find a similar one


Tweezers use standard DIN connector you just need to find one that supports connector cap/ring or just remove it from the tweezers


This is understandable ... I would like that everything would be without any ""handicraft"" modifications of the standard plug.
Or without his replacement.
NECHTO
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:53 am

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Postby vulkan35 » Mon May 21, 2018 11:57 am

NECHTO wrote:Or without his replacement.


Podarok ot tankista :)))

Connectors: Binder Series 678

Binder 99-0617-00-06

Image

Binder 99-0620-00-06

Image
vulkan35
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:46 am
Location: Russia

Transformer

Postby crashtest84 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:22 pm

Any reason this transformer wouldn't work?
http://www.newark.com/multicomp/mcta120 ... dp/38K4904

I may have not understood correctly but I thought I read that max current is capped at 6A. Seems like 5A should be plenty but I wouldn't mind a second opinion.
crashtest84
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: Transformer

Postby minkok » Fri May 25, 2018 10:48 pm

crashtest84 wrote:Any reason this transformer wouldn't work?
http://www.newark.com/multicomp/mcta120 ... dp/38K4904

Depends of what kind of handle you are going to use:
for t210 and less will work
for t245 will not - 24v/3 ohm = 8A, unisolder has a sw limit 6A, you have to change it to 5A ( but will slow down heating speed ), if you don't want to use extra cooling or use it at extreme conditions.
sparkybg mentioned somewhere here, where could be find that, somewhere in the last 40 pages, I cannot remember exactly.
Last edited by minkok on Fri May 25, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minkok
Full Member
Full Member
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: Transformer

Postby crashtest84 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:10 pm

minkok wrote:
crashtest84 wrote:Any reason this transformer wouldn't work?
http://www.newark.com/multicomp/mcta120 ... dp/38K4904

Depends of what kind of handle you are going to use:
for t210 and less will work
for t245 will not - 24v/3 ohm = 8A, unisolder has a sw limit 6A, you have to change it to 5A ( but will slow down heating speed ), if you don't want to use extra cooling or use it at extreme conditions.
sparkybg mentioned somewhere here, where could be find that, I cannot remember exactly.


I had planned on using the t245. So for that, it looks like sparkybg used a 120W power supply: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=7218&p=61713&hilit=t245#p61715

I think I saw that he uses this power supply, which is also 5A: https://www.tme.eu/en/details/tst120w_2 ... tst120003/
crashtest84
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: Transformer

Postby minkok » Sun May 27, 2018 11:16 am

crashtest84 wrote:I had planned on using the t245. So for that, it looks like sparkybg used a 120W power supply: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=7218&p=61713&hilit=t245#p61715
I think I saw that he uses this power supply, which is also 5A: https://www.tme.eu/en/details/tst120w_2 ... tst120003/


You are correct, the transformer is at the border and can be used for t245, it is not constant at its limit 5A, but at start it uses 144W for some seconds and if something wrong happened to mosfets, it will be under heavy load. Not bad. My transformer is around 250W with rewind secondary from dead home cinema and performs well. There is a lot of pluses and minuses for both, weak or strong transformer, the decision is yours.
minkok
Full Member
Full Member
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Postby afedorov » Sun May 27, 2018 11:40 am

One could add 65-70* thermo-fuse to the transformer to protect it in case of overpowering.
I'm using 150W transformer and its temperature barely noticeable under normal soldering circumstances.
Primary side fuse is necessary, since secondary fuse is after diode bridge.
afedorov
Full Member
Full Member
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:44 am
Location: Russia

PreviousNext

Return to Project logs