Really universal soldering controller

A place to document your own projects.

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Postby progrock » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:03 am

I found them for sale for $15 for a set shipped... not bad. But I just ordered 10 of each PCB from pcbway for $35 shipped... not a bad deal at all, and I've heard good things about their quality.
progrock

Postby dumitruv » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:10 am

Sparky,

What other ICs did you try on the OLED board? FAN5331 is on back order for months at DK and Newark and I don't trust ebay.
dumitruv

Postby SZ64 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:34 pm

@dumitruv:

I have tested with the LM2731XMF / LM2733XMF and works perfectly ;)

Another option is LT1613CS5 ... but this IC did not test.
SZ64

Postby dumitruv » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:17 pm

Thanks a lot SZ64!
dumitruv

Postby Gabesz103 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:49 am

I would like to propose the other website for pcb creating. I ordered from this site, the quality is very good and i got 5usd discount from total price,because i was a new user. If you will register,that you get same didcount. If you think,please send me your emailaddress..
Gabesz103

Postby Bug82 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:30 am

Hi, i am still looking for a desoldering Iron for my unisolder build. Does anyone know if the Weller DSX80 could work with the WSP80 profile?
Bug82

Postby progrock » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:13 am

SZ64, your the man... was just about to post asking what replacements for the FAN5331 people have used without issue... pretty sweet seeing the answer just a few posts up.

I just got a bunch of boards made from pcbway (10 of each of the main 3, cost $35 and took less than 96 hours from when I ordered to receive them in California... pretty sweet).

I still haven't ordered the parts though, have spent a little time the last few days creating a BOM primarily from arrow.com (I usually prefer ordering from them over the other more well known sites... free overnight shipping is pretty awesome, and I've always had really good experiences with them.).... kinda glad it's taken me a few days, as of yesterday arrow has a 10% off site wide deal. I have almost everything selected, tho still missing a few, the fan5331 was a big one. Having trouble with D22 (SS34A Schottky) on arrow, also not what to look for with the Keystone 3518P fuse holder, arrow doesn't have that, not sure what would work to replace it. Also having trouble with the 12mm speaker from anywhere (tho there is a small, but still possible, chance I might have something that'll work... but would much rather find one on arrow that'll do the job). Other than those, I still need to find all the headers.... for some reason I find this difficult to find correct ones on arrow (probably just my stupidity/ignorance), wish I still had my old PC parts to salvage from. Hopefully I can find them, and the other items soon... soo close to having a complete BOM in my cart, really wanna have everything to complete his project by the end of the week... if I can find the rest of the items on arrow by Wednesday, I should be set by Friday to build one over the weekend.

Anyone else use arrow for these parts, or just anyone able to point me in the right direction for the last few things I need?
progrock

Postby progrock » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:24 am

Oh, I forgot to ask, what's up with the ZD1/ZD2 vs the ZD4, they are listed in 2 different rows, both SOD123 Zener Diodes, the ZD1/ZD2 is listed as 3v while the ZD4 is listed as 3.0V... I was planning to just get 3 of these: https://www.arrow.com/en/products/bzt52 ... -08/vishay

Am I missing something, or are they the same thing?
progrock

Postby Bug82 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:18 pm

Hi progrock,

you are right those are the same zener diods.
I had problems with 3V diodes in the SOD123 package, because they had the wrong zener voltage. Someone else had the same problem. So i bought some SOD-80 diodes (Z-Diode BZV55-B3V0). But in principle both packages are ok.
Bug82

Postby progrock » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:46 am

Thanks Bug82... seems like every time something like that sticks out to me and makes me nervous where I ask about it... I have it right. BUT, everytime I gloss over a slight variation not thinking anything of it... I have it completely wrong, haha. I remmeber my first time ordering SMD parts... was doing really well for the most part, but for some reason, whiel I got the right size for most things, there was like 6 items of the same type... all but 1 of which I ordered something like 1/3 or smaller of the right size. I've gotten pretty good with getting the right size/package type.. but still make my mistakes here and there.

What's really making me feel stupid is attempting to find these headers on arrow.com... Things like the 4 (2x2) and 2 pin power headers... I'm pretty sure this is an insanely common header (isn't it the same one that ATX power supplies have for the 4 pin connector?)... seems like these 2 parts should be one of the easiest thigns to find. But on arrow, couldn;t find them at all... only ones I think that were right were not in stock. Sadly, the same thing goes for most of the headers, even tho I'm pretty damn sure most of them are soo insanely common they haev to be there. Either way... I pretty much ordered every header (I hope from aliexpress today... most of them I ordered from 2 sellers (they were cheap enough, not a bad idea to have etras, plus just in case I get really unlucky and it's one of those orders that takes 4-6+ weeks, I have twice the chance that one of them will be here quickly). I'm about to order pretty much everything else from arrow (I think almost everything, minus 2-3 somewhat minor parts).... just gonna take a while to get everything in my cart and double check... I have 80-90% of the items I'm ordering in a BOM on arrow, but not sure which ones I don't.. and likely gonna take a long time to go through every single item and double check... as well s decide on how many extras, if any, I want to order of each item. But I gotta get this order in sooner than later, already set it aside for a few days... don't want to miss out on the 10% off site wide.

OH, and maybe I missed it.. but I didn't see the 8pin connector for handles in the BOM. I know I at least need a femake for the unit itself... but also not sure about handles. Is this the standard connector most/all come with already? (I know my Hakko FX-951 does... and planning to order at least the JBC micro tweezers, and likely one if not both of JBC T210 precision handle and the JBC T470 HD handle)... I haven't owned any JBC, but guessing they probably have that connector... BUT, if I am understanding the setup correctly, you need to bridge some of the inputs with specific resistors for the device to identify which handle it is?... in which case, seems like I might want a bunch of male & female 8 pin connector sets, to create adapters for each handle neatly. Do other people do something similar?
progrock

Postby Bug82 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:07 am

Hi progrog, it also took me a long time to find everything on the BOM and double check it.

I don't know arrow.com very good, but they seem to have some options for the 2 and 4 pin connectors. I used the molex mini fit connectors with the numbers MOLEX 39000039, 39012020, 39012040, 39281023, 39281043. I think arrow.com has those in stock.

Most irons from different manufacturers have different connectors. If you only want to use one specific iron you can try to get the right connector for your unisolder. If you want to use different irons with the unisolder, you have to replace the connectors on the irons so that they fit to your unisolder. There are some suggestions in this thread about 8 pin connectors. And yes, you have to add resistors to the iron connectors so that the unisolder can identify the iron.
Bug82

Postby progrock » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:46 pm

OK, cool... I'll just wait till I have the thing almost done to figure out exactly how I want to do the connections. Considering i'm plannign on using just those 2-3 JBC components (At least for a while), they'll probably have the same connectors... so should be easy. But def gonna want to make littler adapter extensions with the resistors connected inside of them to keep things clean.
progrock

Postby Gabesz103 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:21 am

Now the compiled code for the firmware:
UniSolder52_dist_170404_SH1106.rar
[/quote]

Hi,

Can you upload the source files? Because i use this display and i would like to modify the software..
Thanks
Gabesz103

Postby afedorov » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:49 pm

Gabesz103 wrote:Can you upload the source files?

Use the patches from the page 111.
afedorov

Postby Gabesz103 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:29 am

Ohh,yes,thank you..
Gabesz103

PreviousNext

Return to Project logs