My HAKKO classic and T12/T15 soldering controller

A place to document your own projects.

Re: My HAKKO classic and T12/T15 soldering controller

Postby sparkybg » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:26 pm

Try to remove it. My handles for T12 does not have anything in them.
sparkybg

Postby luklf01 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:10 pm

ok i found the main problem
i could say the problem could be in my pcb design which is diffrent than @sparkybg but by comparing @equalizor videos i see the problem is here and here so
the calibration of VTC1 potentiometer working completly crazy than it should , why because lets say is calibration potentiometer of thermocouple then when i screw it to wrong position the station will display wrong temperature (not equal to the reall one) for example there will be there 250C but station will display 350C - right ? when i screw it to correct position it will display reall temp according to the tip temp. - this i have tested on crap chinese hakko T12 clone BAKON 950D everything is fine and correct and the jump of rising/failing offset is maximum +3 -3C like it should - same situation happend on VTC2 calibration for tips with separated thermocouple like 936 937 any of them calibration working perfect and temperature jumps are beetwen +3 -3C no matter on which position there is potentiometer setup it could be wrong setup or correct no matter
now where is the case:
by screwing the VTC1 thermocouple calibration potentiometer (is this reall calibration potentiometer ?) the temperature jumps changing drastically by depend on potentiometer setup for example:
we setup 350C on VTC1 but the reall temperature of tip is 250C - now when it reach that point it start jumping +10-50-100C -10-50-100C , then if we setup it near reall temp 250C then it jumps with its temperature from beetwen +10 -10C then if nearest temperature reached 1:1 equally to reall temp. then the jumps of temperatures stated below!
but in fact even with precise potentiometer we cant reach minimum temp. jumps equal to the crap chinese hakko T12 clone +3 -3C ;) station
why ? and why these crazy things with calibration happend no idea...
by removing that tantalic capacitor from handle the temperature jumps are faster
also i will record full videos soon with my tests
all tests i made on externall thermocouple connected to T12 tips externally today
regards
luklf01

Postby sparkybg » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Both trimmers are just changing the gain of the amplifiers, nothing more. And yes, they are for calibration.

And yes, on some tips it jumps sometimes, but after some time (5-10 seconds) it must go and stay near the set temperature.

In you have changed something on the PCB, it can be a ground loop or something. I cannot comment anything but my design which i have working prototype of. Very small changes in the design, if not made properly, can cause problems with the ground loops an so on. And because you are measuring microvolts, these ground loops can cause even bigger jumps.

Again, if the oscillogram on the terminal I posted some posts ago is not looking like on my picture, sometihng is wrong. Did you corrected it. The whole controller depends on it.
sparkybg

Postby luklf01 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:43 pm

sparkybg wrote:Both trimmers are just changing the gain of the amplifiers, nothing more. And yes, they are for calibration.

And yes, on some tips it jumps sometimes, but after some time (5-10 seconds) it must go and stay near the set temperature.

In you have changed something on the PCB, it can be a ground loop or something. I cannot comment anything but my design which i have working prototype of. Very small changes in the design, if not made properly, can cause problems with the ground loops an so on. And because you are measuring microvolts, these ground loops can cause even bigger jumps.

Again, if the oscillogram on the terminal I posted some posts ago is not looking like on my picture, sometihng is wrong. Did you corrected it. The whole controller depends on it.

there was a oscillogram from wrong hex file after i arrived pickit3 programmer i fastly writen it , it just start + beep and nothing more after after i found second hex file write it and station run so maybe these hex files also wrong and need to compille a whole of code myself no idea
there are two PIC18_C18 and PIC18_XC8 :)
but no matter , i am beginner with oscilloscope measurments i will connect now on PB3 point with it when station is working and make that measurment also
luklf01

Postby sparkybg » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:02 pm

The oscillogram only depends on hardware. Firmware/hex file has nothing to do with it. Firmware only depends on the signal on that terminal in order to work properly. No matter if it starts or not, it still will not work properly if the oscillogram is not right - it will switch the power on and off at the wrong moments, and the measurements of the temperature will be taken at the wrong moment.
sparkybg

Postby luklf01 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:21 pm

sparkybg wrote:The oscillogram only depends on hardware. Firmware/hex file has nothing to do with it. Firmware only depends on the signal on that terminal in order to work properly. No matter if it starts or not, it still will not work properly if the oscillogram is not right - it will switch the power on and off at the wrong moments, and the measurements of the temperature will be taken at the wrong moment.

there we go

------------------------------
first hex was writen by my friend because i does not have pickit3 programmer after arrived i checked it just start + make one beep and nothing + previous oscilogram was made from that circuit
so for now you got the oscilogram by according to my notes in last post everything is working just the case is with VTC1 amplifier there is something wrong because the rising/faliing temp. shouldnt changed by variabling the calibration potentiometers never
sure my pcb could have a big glitch in circtuit :) why not but the @equalizer video did confirm my case he is use original pcb from yours project
now look to @equalizer youtube video you will coinformation to my posts about these temperature jumps depend on VTC1 setup it shouldnt never happen in that design , then no idea where is the error maybe is working for you fine and maybe there is error with some parts on schematic
for my understanding if by variabling VTC1 you wanna change the amplify range but in fact you change not only it but also the div time of frame between heating up tip and reading its details from its TC then that output circuit with amplifier working completly wrong
also i am just amateur maybe someone other in that thread could his own opinion about that :)
Attachments
DS1Z_QuickPrint10.png
DS1Z_QuickPrint9.png
DS1Z_QuickPrint8.png
DS1Z_QuickPrint7.png
01.png
luklf01

Postby sparkybg » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:01 am

The oscillogram is OK.

If you mean this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rucjho7 ... e=youtu.be

It is clearly visible that there is a problem with the MOSFET there. The controller tries to switch off the MOSFET (the dot on the indicator stops to glow afte 300 degrees), but it still keeps heating up.
sparkybg

Postby mrjoda » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:17 pm

i bought JBC CD-2BD, now i may continue work on controlers for fun :D
mrjoda

Postby overheater » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:28 am

Hi @ all,

during my search for a new diy solder-station I found this very interesting thread.

Before building this impressing station I wonder how good the T12 tips from China are? Are they worth to buy or is it better to take a original Hakko iron. I like to know how the behavior is during soldering and how long do they last - compared to a Hakko or a Weller or to a what else?

Please tell me your experiences.

best
Klaus
overheater

Postby sparkybg » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:51 am

overheater wrote:Hi @ all,

during my search for a new diy solder-station I found this very interesting thread.

Before building this impressing station I wonder how good the T12 tips from China are? Are they worth to buy or is it better to take a original Hakko iron. I like to know how the behavior is during soldering and how long do they last - compared to a Hakko or a Weller or to a what else?

Please tell me your experiences.

best
Klaus

Hey are good enough for their price. And because original JBC is way better than original HAKKO, better get a JBC C245 instead. Or PACE TD100 - the tips are cheap - 11EUR per piece, more powerfull and more compact than HAKKO, but the iron handle is expensive - around 100EUR.

I am using C245 most of the time, and I am VERY happy with it.
sparkybg

Postby mrjoda » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:15 am

sparkybg wrote:
Hey are good enough for their price. And because original JBC is way better than original HAKKO, better get a JBC C245 instead. Or PACE TD100 - the tips are cheap - 11EUR per piece, more powerfull and more compact than HAKKO, but the iron handle is expensive - around 100EUR.

I am using C245 most of the time, and I am VERY happy with it.

after a few weeks of using C245 i must say...last sentence is absolutely true... it is a absolutely brilliant handle, much much better than any HAKKO (maybe original the new one but it cost 4 times more)...

it worth any peny

you can see how fast is and how good is power transmission from handle to object here :

https://youtu.be/IMPuHNv7NsU

https://youtu.be/frqf3Z3nFx0
mrjoda

Postby neslekkim » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:25 am

Yes, they are amazing.
But the top line in the display, Levels, is that something new, or something you turned on ?
neslekkim

Postby mrjoda » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:28 am

latest firmware has in menu "Tools settings" function called "temp levels set". You can set up a three different (common used ) temperatures and fast switch between them... The response of tip is almost instant
mrjoda

Postby radioelf » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:46 pm

Hi.
Finally we it knows the type of thermocouple tip T12, or more information, tables, coefficients...,
Info. forum:
20uV by grade ?
17.4uV by grade ?
450°C 9mV ?
0-500°C 0.000-16.748mv ?
Thank
radioelf

Postby Codrinbl » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:14 am

Hy. Can you post a schematics of the tc reading op? I try to build a soldering station and I can't read the tc. I'm using a jbc t245, and atmega 328p. Please help my!!!
Codrinbl

PreviousNext

Return to Project logs