I just wanted to show off my new Part Ninja, built on perfboard:
...testing a BS107 low power MOSFET.
I used a DIP40 package variant of the '4550, it's completely hidden below the display module. Everything is held together by M3 bolts.
The connections were made with enamelled copper wire AWG 28. The lacquer is burned off by tinning it with a very hot soldering iron (400 ° C). The fumes are pretty aggressive, I guess a fume extractor won't help much, you'll need a gas mask :)
I've left yome space for future additions.
BTW, I've made some component changes to fit what I had laying around: I used a LM385-2.5 shunt reference with a 4.7 k series (current limiting) resistor instead of the original Maxim part and a LP2950 voltage regulator.