Really universal soldering controller

A place to document your own projects.

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Postby Doomedahab » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:54 am

lovethesmellofrosin wrote:Hello everyone...

I've been watching this forum for a while, as I geared up to start my build. Does anyone have any info regarding PCBs that are currently available? The eBay link that I've found no longer has them "in stock", but I'm not sure if that means they will no longer have any at all, or it's just for the time being. I've sent a message to ask, and am awaiting the reply. In case the seller will no longer have any to sell, does anyone know a good option, other than having them fabbed myself?

Thanks!

I have a set available if you want it and if you live in the EU. PM me if interested.
Doomedahab

Postby cctv » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:48 pm

If you try really hard, unisolder can fit in a Hakko 936 enclosure.

Some of the plastic standoffs need to be cut away, there's no room for an IEC connector, and some of the big capacitors need to be moved out of the way, but this set up works really well!
Attachments
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190724133519870_COVER_compress68.jpg
Hakko Unisolder
cctv

Postby Slauren » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:30 am

I've been watching this forum for a while, as I geared up to start my build. Does anyone have any info regarding PCBs that are currently available? The eBay link that I've found no longer has them "in stock", but I'm not sure if that means they will no longer have any at all, or it's just for the time being. I've sent a message to ask, and am awaiting the reply. In case the seller will no longer have any to sell, does anyone know a good option, other than having them fabbed myself?

Thanks!

Got mine from Tindie but its out of stock now, was out of stock when i wanted to order as well, but got stocked eventually.
Could use jlpcb to make it, although you would end up with 10 of them :)
Slauren

Postby Doomedahab » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:19 am

deleted, I was mistaken.
Doomedahab

Postby db9mat » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:52 am

Thanks!

I have a couple of PCBs left. If you're in Europe, PM me your address and I'll send a set your way. If you're outside of Europe, I'd have to check the postage rates, but I'm sure we could figure something out.
db9mat

Postby salavat » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:51 am

cctv wrote:If you try really hard, unisolder can fit in a Hakko 936 enclosure.

Some of the plastic standoffs need to be cut away, there's no room for an IEC connector, and some of the big capacitors need to be moved out of the way, but this set up works really well!

Nice!!! What about the toroid?))
salavat

Postby CorvetteCole » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:22 pm

anyone know where I can find any PCBs? may end up just ordering multiple
CorvetteCole

Postby obrutus » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:10 pm

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum, but not to electronics. I have assembled and successfully programmed 2 UniSolders 5.2 units.
Unfortunately I am stuck at calibration. Both units that I have assembled show the same symptoms (see attached video). I have checked voltages on some crucial components. No current through 10 Ohm calibration resistor. U14 voltage OK. U12(pin 3) voltage 2.7V (OK), but Q22 gate 2.4V and Q22 source 2.71V. It seams that Q22 is OFF. Also there is one important thing about calibration that I didn't able to find on forum and that is whether touch sensor (SLEEP function) for handle should be connected to the unit or not during calibration.
I could replace some components, but I am not so sure that it would solve this problem.
If anyone have a clue what could be the problem, I would appreciate any information or hint.
Attachments
20190806_210421.zip
(663.35 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
obrutus

Postby afedorov » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:33 am

If you have 0.6V difference across 1.6k resistor, you'd get 375uA of current through it, and this is exactly the current that should flow through it in the calibration mode with 128 setting.
Since you're getting something on the ADC input, maybe there is some joint floating in the breeze.
Any sensor doesn't affect the calibration, since 10 Ohm resistor is the only thing that should be connected to the tool connector during calibration procedure.
afedorov

Postby obrutus » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:40 pm

I have found what was wrong. So stupid and rare event. R31 and R39 were marked as 100Ohm resistors, but real resistance was 100KOhms. I managed to backtrack origin of these resistors and realize that they were bought in local store very cheaply.
Now I know why they were so cheap. The measured voltage and calculated one didn't match, so I measured resistance of both resistors in the line (1.5Kohms and 100Ohms). Whole batch that I bought was with wrong markings.
obrutus

Postby vulkan35 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:45 pm

In stock 1 sets of boards.

[b] PCB + pcb sleep + cable + shipping = $165 USD.
(markdown slight darkening of the mask pcb near U15, U17, 13, U18)

pcb2.JPG
Last edited by vulkan35 on Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
vulkan35

Postby VanBudd » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:11 pm

Does someone know if i can still use jbc t245 handle if i make the PCB modifications for Weller WMRT tweezers?
VanBudd

Previous

Return to Project logs