Really universal soldering controller

A place to document your own projects.

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Postby progrock » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:46 am

OK, so got all the correct parts now... and am 99% done soldering everything... literally down to the last part on the front board... and I think I managed to screw up the entire board. I think it's half due to a manufacturing defect when printing the board... but the last piece I needed to add was the ADG734.... to make things easier (and since i have plenty of spare capacitors) I decided to remove C33 and C39... which was easy enough. BUT, when I went to clean things up (gently I might add) a few of the solder pads on U16 (the ADG734 spot) lifted. One came off immediately.. and a second as I was trying to straighten the otehr out... and 2 others are not looking so good (all 4 next to each other, the 2 gone are every other point... pads 15 and 17 are gone, 16 and 18 don't look so great.

I never had this happen before.. but when googling it... looks like replacing the pads is not exactly an easy procedure. I do have extra boards, so thinking about just starting over.... I technically did also order enough parts to build two (some of the cheap parts I got even more.... but of the primary things, just 2). I'm debating on what I should do... I'm thinking maybe I should try to salvage the main parts that I don't have multiple replacements for... and try to build a replacement (while still having the spare parts to build a second one with fresh parts if this one fails). Either that... or maybe just build a replacement with the fresh spare parts... and then go back and try to salvage what I can and build another. I guess both are viable options... I suppose if i use all the new paerts and leave this as is... I could then go back and decide on trying to fix this one as is, or trying to salvage the parts off it (just not sure how much "abuse" these parts can take, and am assuming if I try to reuse them, there's a reasonably high chance some parts are likely gonna get messed up). Kinda wishing I bought enough to build 3... this is complex enough, with enough small parts, that I figure even if I thought everything looked good, there was a reasonably high chance it wouldn't work the first time... but I'd still have the spares to build a second if necessary. BUT, now... if I use the spares... I sorta only have one chance. I suppose worse case scenario I have to order more parts... so could be worse... I just can't believe that this happened on literally the last piece I had to add to the board. I haven't counted... but looks like there is easily over 100 parts on this board... pretty bad luck that after 99 of them get installed, this happens.

Anyway, just wondering what you guys think is the best course of action. If the messed up pads weren't all next to each other and so small, I'd be more optimistic on attempting a fix... but since I have a bunch of spare boards, seems like it makes more sense to use a new one.
progrock

Postby afedorov » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:34 am

Actually, fixing your board is not a big deal. Pin 15 is not used, so forget about it. Pin 17 is connected to pin 3 of the very same chip. Pin 16 is connected to C33 right beside the chip. Pin 18 is connected to pin 3 of U18. So you only need two enameled wires directly soldered to the pins. Yeah, pin pitch is small but I had managed to modwire a 0.4mm QFNs, so it's fairly possible.
However, this section is used to switch iron sensor signal, so it has to be reliable.
And check your iron's temperature. Pads are not lifting without a reason.
afedorov

Postby vulkan35 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:23 am

Hi, the sleep mode connection scheme is correct?

vulkan35

Postby damianzet » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi,

How to connect to this controller JBC nano with C105 cartridge? Is it possible? Because I see that is possible with micro tweezers.
damianzet

Postby minkok » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:56 am

vulkan35 wrote:Hi, the sleep mode connection scheme is correct?

connections are correct and you can short also J1 and J2 together to be able to use sleep function instead of hibernate which is not supported by software and hardware of unisolder 5.2
Please go back and read the thread from page 94, check it how it works on external power supply and after that connect to the board, look at the video for the menu changes.
Can you please tell us, where can we buy the stand and picture of a hole unit?
minkok

Postby minkok » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:15 am

damianzet wrote:Hi,

How to connect to this controller JBC nano with C105 cartridge? Is it possible? Because I see that is possible with micro tweezers.

unfortunately unisolder does not support nanos. Sparkybg did not have them to made a profile for them.
If you are able to connect with him, I haven't seen him here for a almost half of year, you can ask him.
minkok

Postby vulkan35 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:36 am

minkok wrote:Can you please tell us, where can we buy the stand

Stand T12-11
vulkan35

Postby minkok » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:27 am

vulkan35 wrote:
minkok wrote:Can you please tell us, where can we buy the stand

Stand T12-11

Thank's man, Great.
Please, can you confirm, the dimensions are the same as original JBC 245 handle ( it can support original JBC cartridge ), as I can see it is far away from T12 iron?
What is the price you get it to your home, at tao bao is less than 16 euro?
Can you Please inform us, when unisolder is ready for a reliability of the iron handle especially?
minkok

Postby vulkan35 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:31 am

minkok wrote:Please, can you confirm, the dimensions are the same as original JBC 245 handle ( it can support original JBC cartridge ), as I can see it is far away from T12 iron?

Do not pay attention to the name T12, stand T12-11 support original JBC handle T245 , original JBC cartridge C245.
I paid for the stand $19 + delivery Cargo $12. Weight 600 gram with packing. The parcel has not yet received.
vulkan35

Postby minkok » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:52 am

vulkan35 wrote:Do not pay attention to the name T12, stand T12-11 support original JBC handle T245 , original JBC cartridge C245.
I paid for the stand $19 + delivery Cargo $12. Weight 600 gram with packing. The parcel has not yet received.

Very good deal. Thank's for the info
But my question was about handle, if it supports original cartridge and about its quality. When you receive, can you please inform us?
minkok

Postby vulkan35 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:39 am

minkok wrote:But my question was about handle, if it supports original cartridge

There are three types of handles, supports original cartridge JBC.

T12-11 CNC DI3000
vulkan35

Postby minkok » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:00 am

vulkan35 wrote:
minkok wrote:But my question was about handle, if it supports original cartridge

There are three types of handles, supports original cartridge JBC.

T12-11 CNC DI3000

Very useful information.
Competitive prices, looks quality made, but with one disadvantage, the 100MHz soldering station cannot support micro tweezers, I am going to equip with.
DI3000 stand has very good feature of extending supply cable ( at least looks like that ) and I am going to think about its implementation.
Really Good stuff. Thank you.
minkok

Postby dawiddoruch » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:59 pm

Hi guys!

I have some parts from unfinished UniSolder and maybe someone will be interested and would buy that stuff:

- UniSolder 5.2 power board - working properly
- UniSolder 5.2 main board - damaged and used as donor for parts (mainly resistors, maybe 1-2 caps as well) - the PCB is ok, can be used to rebuild, I dont know if processor is working and I dont know what was damaged
- UniSolder 5.2 OLED board - not tested, but should work
- Solid enclosure with AC-DC power supply 100-240V 50-60Hz 2A IN, 19.5V 6.66A OUT, power switch, JBC compatible connector and AC connector (like the one used in PC's power supplies)
- JBC T245-A handle
- JBC C245741 Cartridge Chisel 2,4x0,6
- JBC C245903 Cartridge Conical 1,0
- Some connectors, passives, IC... I don't know. There is a small box full of stuff.

Photos available here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nlDxrxJxIGPNgaNj1

I'm asking $130 shipped via USPS Flat Rate Medium Box to wherever in continental US.

EDIT:
Main board was damaged because I've soldered two resistors "vertically" where they were supposed to be "horizontally" and I assume something got fried. Anyway main board is NOT working, it has few parts missing but I think that if you know what you're doing you could rebuild it....
dawiddoruch

Postby progrock » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:24 pm

Does programming the main chip require a Windows computer?... or is there a way to do it on linux?... I'll keep looking for documentation on it, only thing I found was referring to the PC/Windows software.

Also, on a side note, @dawiddoruch (or to whoever purchases the items from him), I have some extra boards, if you end up getting the items from him, I'll gladly send you an extra main board (or all 3 if you want to be safe) for a couple of dollars + shipping (within the continental US)... not sure what shipping will be, but if it's something like $6-7, I'll send the set for $10. Not in it to really make any money, just trying to help out.
progrock

Previous

Return to Project logs