Bus Pirate Reference Sheet

Hacking multi-tool. Get one for $30, including worldwide shipping.

Postby mofosyne » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:51 am

Hey all from Australia,

Being new to bus pirate, I created my own printable stickers to cut and stick labels to the case and probes.

I also took the time to compile an A4 Bus Pirate v3.b reference sheet from various sources, that would be useful to somebody with a smartphone to scan the various QR codes on it. This was created in the mind of somebody who wont be using the Bus Pirate too often, and may occasionally need a refresher to jig their memory. Its free for anybody to use as it is just a handy compilation for me, all sources are linked to if you need to know more about it.

Have a look at the attached pdf, and let me know what you think about it, and if there is any inaccuracies that I may need to take note of. Feel free to ask me for the source if you think you can lay this out better.

Near the top of the pdf is also a copy of what my printed sticker looks like, what do you think?

Hope it helps somebody here.
Attachments
BusPirateReferenceSheet.pdf
(692.32 KiB) Downloaded 3703 times
mofosyne

Re: Bus Pirate Reference Sheet

Postby mofosyne » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:04 am

Oh, and btw, what is the situation with GUI for bus pirate, is there any good current one out there?
mofosyne

Postby UKTechguy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:44 pm

Some might also find this colour wiring detail useful for the Bus Pirate 4 Probe Kit from Seeed.

As supplied to me by SEEED, there are two black cables with black probes and two white cables with
white probes as supplied which can cause confusion.

It also seems from subsequent posts that the probe colours are not always
the same.

Best to rely on the cable colours - the new heat shrink labels on probe kits will prevent any
confusion in future - assuming they are available for the V4.
(See http://dangerousprototypes.com/2014/01/23/bus-pirate-probe-cable-prototypes/ for more info)

Anyway - below are the cable/probe colours that were on my V4 probe kit (Jan 2014)

Last edited by UKTechguy on Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
UKTechguy

Postby Graham242 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:13 am

This was the one I'd put together for the Bus Pirate V4 for the Seeed cable. I have the SVG somewhere (if I can find it...)
Attachments
BPv4-reference.png
Graham242

Postby R3tikus » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:01 am

Good job thanks!
R3tikus

Postby UKTechguy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:10 pm

Graham242 wrote:This was the one I'd put together

Excellent - seems silly of me to re-invent the wheel but I only previously found references for the V3.

My SEEED cable/probe appears to have different colour combinations - maybe the probe colours are random!

Many thanks.
UKTechguy

Postby Graham242 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:58 pm

As I found the SVG, I've uploaded - then you can change it if need be. I've had to upload it as zip as svg isn't permitted...
Attachments
BPv4-reference.zip
(11.61 KiB) Downloaded 559 times
Graham242

Return to Bus Pirate Support