BusPirate 4v2 - Sick of Beige

Hacking multi-tool. Get one for $30, including worldwide shipping.

Re: BusPirate 4v2 - Sick of Beige

Postby mati » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:58 am

dolabra wrote:https://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=ef2ffc3a56

I made a cart. It is likely to have mistakes. I am unsure if the tact switch will fit. Also not sure about the PNPs and if the shrouded header is correct. And probably a few other things I don't remember :)

scaling it up by 30 saves $4 each, which barely justifies re-shipping things out.

you put resistor 51.1K istead of 1.1K

(I followed the table on this page: http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Bus ... n_overview )
mati

Postby matseng » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:15 am

dolabra wrote:scaling it up by 30 saves $4 each, which barely justifies re-shipping things out.

Unless you're re-shipping overseas. Digikey & Mouser have a minimum shipping charge of $40 for shipping to my part of the world. Regular USPS postage for this would probably be like $3-$4 or so....
matseng

Postby Thorontir » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:45 am

Yes, I have just looked at shipping... To Spain, it will cost me 13.85€ (Maybe half that, I have some PIC24 here) and shipping costs are 20€
Greetings from Spain!
Thorontir

Postby b3niup » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:12 pm

40€ for shipping to Poland...
That's why I'd like to get parts with board.
Most expensive ones I've already got, tho.
b3niup

Postby schazamp » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Hm, I didn't realize shipping fees for overseas orders were such a problem for you guys.

I'm kind of averse to taking on the risk of adding the parts orders along with the PCB -- it will mean more expensive shipping, and a lot of complexity, not to mention a lot of work. And a lot of hassle if I screw something up.

By the time you add the extra cost, you start approaching the cost of buying one at Seeed, with a lot more risk (though they don't have the Sick-of-Beige version in yet). I'll have to try and figure what it would cost to make it worth it, and then you'll all have to tell me what parts you want.

Some folks have asked about soldering and programming the PIC. I might be willing to do that, too, at some additional cost. Who might be interested?
schazamp

Postby ginpb » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:10 pm

Is that the reason because I mostly buy electronic components on ebay. The only component i'm having trouble to find is the small crystal.
ginpb

Postby neslekkim » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:15 pm

Same here, if I have to order from both digikey and mouser, it will be $30 from each in shipping, but if everything can be found at mouser, I have planned to buy the new stm discovery board when it comes in an month or two..
neslekkim

Postby Thorontir » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:30 pm

Well, I will find ways to get the components, just telling about problems out there ;) So, for me, just boards. Have ICD2 and various pickits here, and ICD3 and PM3 at work, so programming should not be a problem :) Nor soldering, even if this it's the first time i go 0603 instead of 0805.

Thanks for the effort, schazamp!
Greetings from Spain!
Thorontir

Postby b3niup » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:15 pm

Yeah, thanks for the effort!
I'd like to get few parts and programmed ic with pcb, but if it's a problem, then I'll handle it on my own.
b3niup

Postby neslekkim » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:05 pm

just an quickie, is this board designed so this excact case will fit it? http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/bus-pi ... th=178_184
I don't have access to lasercutters.. so if it fits, how can I pay one if there are any left?
neslekkim

Postby schazamp » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:52 am

So I've put together the panel, the gerbers I plan to submit (unless there are any corrections) are attached.

As you can see, in order to make them all fit, I had to rotate some of them. The DP logo does not rotate well, either doing it within Eagle before running the CAM processor, or afterwards by gerbmerge. (or it's a bug with GerberLogix, but I'm not holding by breath for that). If it will kill you to have a board with a sorry-looking logo on the back, then let me know, and I'll try to send you one of the nicer-looking ones.

I still haven't decided about the part kits. I have to order a few things (crystal, mainly, and r-networks) for myself. Please PM me if you would be interested in some or all of the parts, and let me know which ones you want. Based on that, I'll try and figure out if I can make it work.
Attachments
bad-rotated-logo-silk.PNG
BusPirate-v4c-panel-gerbers.zip
(771.44 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
schazamp

Postby neslekkim » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:09 am

the bom that is created earlier, do anyeone know if it is correct?, at least, there are an 51.1 resistor that should be 1.1 I guess, but I cannot find any partlist other than on the wikipage, and is that correct for the c revision of the board?
And, are micro and mini usb sockets pin and size compatible? (I want to solder on an micro if it fits)

and, the resistors on the partlist suggests %5 tolerances on the resistors, but the BOM created, suggests %1, would that matter much? (I have ordered an 0603 smd book, and that is %5.. )
neslekkim

Postby schazamp » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:54 am

Re: the 51.1 resistor - that's a sense resistor going into VBUS from VUSB. The datasheet has it at 100K. I don't know how much 51.1k would hurt, but it would be nice if the BOM were correct.
schazamp

Postby neslekkim » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:01 am

but the list here doesn't mention any 51.1? http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Bus ... n_overview
or is that one wrong? (I havent installed any software to read those designfiles, are there more info in those ? )
neslekkim

Postby schazamp » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:16 am

I think it was a mistake in the original BOM that dolabra put together.
schazamp

PreviousNext

Return to Bus Pirate Support