SPI Sniffer

Hacking multi-tool. Get one for $30, including worldwide shipping.

Re: SPI Sniffer

Postby andrewhannay » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:44 am

I have had partial success. I have downloaded version 6.1 source, compiled it and uploaded to my bus pirate and it works, so I am now using that as my base for modifications. The later versions of the bus pirate firmware seem to use MPLAB X as the IDE but 6.1 can by compiled with MPLAB 8, exported and uploaded to bus pirate v3.6 board. I have already stripped unnesessary bytes and re-writing parts for my own custom use.
Many thnaks,
Andrew
andrewhannay

Postby USBEprom » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:36 pm

HNY guys.
A little news:

https://github.com/BusPirate/Bus_Pirate/issues/71

Many, many thanks to agatti!

Be seeing you.

U.Sb
USBEprom

Postby USBEprom » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:07 am

Hi guys.
In the end following the suggestions of agatti (https://github.com/BusPirate/Bus_Pirate ... -container) I managed to build a custom firmware that uses the 2000000pbs for communication between Bus Pirate V3 and computer.
The terminal is much more responsive being the speed dramatically improved compared to the standar 115200bps, so that the Bus Pirate V3 behave much better than ever.
Sadly there is still #78 (https://github.com/BusPirate/Bus_Pirate/issues/78), but that is a different problem, I confirm that what agatti wrote is totally correct and working.
Since issue #78 has not yet been fixed I can not provide a fully working demo software.
I will do it as soon as the problem will be solved, sorry about that.
However for the baud rate I tried many not standard values and always the whole thing works, of course even 2000000bps.
This latest one is really very fast, much faster compared to standard 115200bps, response of the terminal has significantly improved a lot!
The trick is to do not use the last setting in uart.c (9) but only the previous ones (0-8) to insert the new value, so that line 171 in main.c point it accordingly.
In the end simply it is need to change in uart.c the value wrote in one of the lines between 56 and 64 with the new wanted one and accordingly in main.c fill the setting with the corresponding one item number referred to the position of the line containing the new value just written.
I do not know why but using item number 9 in line 171 of main.c and therefore by changing line 65 in uart.c, then it does not work with not standard baud rate, this is not a problem though.
Simply follow the rule of not use item 9 in main.c or aim to change line 65 in uart.c, that is all.
Thanks to agatti for having taught how to do the whole thing!

Be seeing you.

U.Sb
USBEprom

Postby USBEprom » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi guys.
Here is the firmware S-2M-1.hex customized in order to work using 2000000pbs for communication between Bus Pirate V3 and computer.
Please note that S-2M-1.hex is intended for the Bus Pirate v3 only!
S-2M-1.hex was obtained by using the compression option "1" of MPLAB so to be in fully accordance with the latest recommendations issued about the compilation of the new repositories using MPLAB in order to build new firmwares for the Bus Pirate v3 and v4.
Compression option "1" assure right timing that option "s" may not ensure.
For me it works great and by the way, it fixes a bug using the Bus Pirate v3 with the I2C protocol (https://github.com/BusPirate/Bus_Pirate ... -356724617), but you use it at your own risk, I do not take any responsibility about the possibility of damaging your Bus Pirate or whatever!

Please note that S-2M-1.hex is provided as zipped archive (S-2M-1.zip) because forum does not allow for .hex extension.

Be seeing you.

U.Sb
Attachments
S-2M-1.zip
Firmware customized in order to work using 2000000pbs for communication between Bus Pirate V3 and computer.
It is intended for the Bus Pirate v3 only!
(65.71 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
USBEprom

Previous

Return to Bus Pirate Support