Homemade Bus Pirate

Bus Pirate firmware and hardware development.

Re: Homemade Bus Pirate

Postby ian » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:53 am

Sorry about the spam filter. Please do post an update :)
ian
Crew
Crew

Postby DigitalBrains » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:54 am

ian wrote:Sorry about the spam filter.

No problem. I understand it.

I've released a new version. The original one contained a bug that might have deteriorated serial communication robustness, so that one is fixed. But I've also added a second target, including pre-built binary: the ATtiny25. While it is of course nice to use the smallest AVR possible for the task, using 6 I/O pins on an 8-pin device means there have to be some compromises. The ATtiny25 is definitely not first choice when you're new to AVR's, because it is easy to screw up and waste an ATtiny25 during programming, and it also might be necessary to calibrate the internal oscillator if the factory calibration isn't good enough.

Oh, and I found a PIC16C84 and PIC16F84 in a box, so I also tested that those worked with the programmer. And yes, they did.
DigitalBrains

Postby prazzb » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:05 pm

The software folder in github seems to be some wierd language (unmentioned and non-obvious)

Why do you need that software for ?

( My 1'st post.... forgive if a bit dumb... also i'm not a PIC guy)
prazzb

Postby elerepair » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:04 am

Sorry for the dead-awakening.
Either I'm not doing something right, or the code is broken.
I loaded everything up in the AVR Studio, had some errors - I think I managed to fix them, compiled, burned hex, and something is still not working. Is there a pre-compiled hex somewhere?
elerepair

Previous

Return to Bus Pirate Development