Change Flash

A cheap logic analyzer. Get one for $50, including worldwide shipping. A collaboration between the Gadget Factory and Dangerous Prototypes.

Change Flash

Postby adnc » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:45 am

Hello,

some time ago I tried flashing my OpenBench Logic Sniffer since than I do have trouble using it. In particular it doesn't give back any metadata. From time to time I can make use of the ols-client software but most of the time I can't use it. Same happens with sigrok-cli and pulseview doesn't work at all since it checks metadata ids.

Flashing PIC-firmware works, but unfortunately I can not get bit-files uploaded.

I do not want to throw it away I liked it the days it worked, I suggest it is the onboard winbond flash. Could this be damaged for any reason? Unfortunately I couldn't get the flash chip on digikey/mouser. Has anyone a sourcing hint for me, or any other idea what I could do to make sure the device is not waste at all?
adnc

Re: Change Flash

Postby adnc » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:14 am

OK, for all who have trouble flashing there OpenBench Logic Sniffer: It simply doesn't work well on Linux. I have a debian based OS here and whatever I tried didn't work. I even was thinking that the Flash was damaged because of wrong jedec-id read by the tools.

I've used a Windows 7 with the ols-0308 package and it flashing worked out of the box!
adnc

Re: Change Flash

Postby jawi » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:22 am

Mind that the ols-0308 package contains a very old firmware for the OBLS (and OLS client). This might also explain the negative results on Linux. You might want to upgrade your firmware to the latest "unofficial" one: the DemonCore version.

HtH,
jawi
Developer
Developer

Return to Open Bench Logic Sniffer