Anyone using a newer Mac OSX with OLS?

A cheap logic analyzer. Get one for $50, including worldwide shipping. A collaboration between the Gadget Factory and Dangerous Prototypes.

Anyone using a newer Mac OSX with OLS?

Postby rsdio » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:55 pm

I get the following error when I try to run any of the .dmg images of Jan Willem's OLS client:

"LogicSniffer.app" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

It's been several years since I used the OLS, but I need to get it running again on my new laptop running 10.8.5 Mountain Lion. I read about the 32-bit / 64-bit issues, so I marked the application's Info to "Open in 32-bit mode" but this did not help.

Is anyone running Mac OS X on a reasonably new Mac (mine is actually rather old, but newer than the last 32-bit machine where I successfully ran the OLS client)?

Is there another client besides JaWi's that will run on OSX?
rsdio
Developer
Developer

Re: Anyone using a newer Mac OSX with OLS?

Postby rsdio » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:57 pm

By the way, I tried downloading every .dmg on Jan's site, and they all have this problem going back to 0.9.6 - earlier versions can't even be downloaded because they're no longer at the linked URL.

I also tried contacting Jan Willem at the link provided on his web site, but that points to an invalid URL.

I'm hoping someone here is using the Mac with OLS.
rsdio
Developer
Developer

Postby dpropicweb » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:08 am

OSX 10.8 introduced a new security feature called Gatekeeper, which is enabled by default and prevents applications distributed outside of the Mac App Store from launching. There is a workaround for this by allowing applications to be installed from anywhere. You need to open "System Preferences > Security & Privacy" and set "Allow applications downloaded from: (on the General tab) to "Anywhere". After the application is run at least once, you can revert this change if desired.
dpropicweb

Postby Timon » Mon May 09, 2016 1:30 pm

So does the software function on systems running OS X El Capitan?
Timon

Postby dpropicweb » Mon May 09, 2016 7:15 pm

> So does the software function on systems running OS X El Capitan?

It would be trivial to download the program and try it.
dpropicweb

Postby Timon » Sat May 14, 2016 1:25 am

dpropicweb wrote:> So does the software function on systems running OS X El Capitan?

It would be trivial to download the program and try it.

Don't know how that would help unless you have the hardware and can tell if everything's nag works. My question was for someone that does.
Timon

Postby dgarciacampos » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:56 pm

I just installed OLS on OS X El Capitan and it worked after enabling "Allow applications downloaded from" ..anywhere..
I hope this helps.
BR David
dgarciacampos

Return to Open Bench Logic Sniffer