Tried and failed to upgrade a V1.04 Logic Sniffer board

A cheap logic analyzer. Get one for $50, including worldwide shipping. A collaboration between the Gadget Factory and Dangerous Prototypes.

Tried and failed to upgrade a V1.04 Logic Sniffer board

Postby swulf » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:17 pm

Hello,

I have an Open Bench Logic Sniffer V1.04 which I attempted to update the firmware on using the 'latest stable release V3.08 (Windows Full) and the instructions on upgrading from the gadgetfactory site. I tried to upgrade to the default selection 'logic_sniffer_3.07-Demon-Core.bit ('FPGA ROM Demon Core 3.07') and the default PIC firmware: OLSv1.firmware.v3.0.hex ('PIC Firmware Demon Core 3.0').

It seemed to get through the FPGA update part OK but it failed at the PIC update with a message something like 'U2IO flash programming: FAILED'.

The device now seems to be bricked. The PWR LED comes on but that's about it. I can short the PGC and PGD pins and then both PWR and ACT light but when I run the upgrade tool it just says it can't open the COM port: 'Opening serial port 'COM6' @921600 ... Error opening :('

Can anyone advise me how I can recover my board and update it correctly?

Thanks.
swulf

Re: Tried and failed to upgrade a V1.04 Logic Sniffer board

Postby nickandrew » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:02 am

swulf, when you short the PGC and PGD pins and both PWR and ACT LEDs light, the device is in bootloader mode and will not show as a com port.
nickandrew

Return to Open Bench Logic Sniffer