PIC firmware v3.0 for Demon core v3

A cheap logic analyzer. Get one for $50, including worldwide shipping. A collaboration between the Gadget Factory and Dangerous Prototypes.

Re: PIC firmware v3.0 for Demon core v3

Postby JTR » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:57 pm

ian wrote:No worries, sorry about the error in the docs. This will be eventually moved to the open USB stack and then we can distribute the complete source.

Hi Ian,

I sent you the ported OLS firmware a couple of days ago. Did you get it or has something gone wrong with my new mail setup? I have changed hosts and maybe I stuffed up the settings...

I also have done the logic shrimp and have it waiting to send to you. That pretty much completes all the porting of all the DP projects away from the microchip stack.
JTR

Postby ian » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:10 am

Thanks JTR,

I did receive it, thank you, I just sent another reply. I can check in the LCD backpack (do not have that code yet), Logic Shrimp, etc, but OLS firmware needs to be pushed to github and I don't have admin access there. I'll try to get it worked out this week with the Gadget Factory (host of the OLS code).
ian
Crew
Crew

Postby JTR » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:45 am

Hi Ian,

Please keep in mind I have not tested the OLS in anyway as I do not have the hardware. I pretty much know that the stack works as it is exactly the same stack used for the LCD BACKPACK and logic shrimp. On the OLS every single write to the CDC uart has been recoded to use the new putc_cdc function. There are quite a few of them. This thing really needs proper testing. I will let you guys sort out how you do that but if it is posted on git hub it needs to be a fork and clearly marked as a beta with the new stack. IF there are problems I expect that they will be localized and easily fixed by anyone as there is now only one way that the stack is used and it is easy to work out.

There is a chance that there is something major wrong and that the stack does not fire up. In that case I guess I sort of need to know and to be able to find feedback if it cannot find me. You can pass Jack my email address in case he has any problems.

I will send you the ports for all three projects shortly. There is a post I put on the microchip web site that has a few details as to what people can expect from the new version. http://www.microchip.com/forums/fb.ashx?m=615325
JTR

Postby kind2011 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:46 pm

i want to update the ols but is getting the: error reading ols id
i think is for the baud rate congiguration in the pc? what baud rate i need to select?
kind2011

Postby ian » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:54 am

The baud rate should not matter because it is a USB virtual serial port. Did you update teh PIC or FPGA firmware first? Both need to be updated to read the OLS ID successfully.
ian
Crew
Crew

Postby vinko1990 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi guys i want to report a problem with my logic analyzer v1.04.

I'm trying to program the PIC firmware 3.0 but i cannot succed with it. In my logic analyzer i have the binary for the FPGA 3.07 demon-core.
Now if i try use all the tools that i've found on the forum they dont work. Instead with my PICKIT2 i can program without any problem the version OLSv1.04-firmware-v2.3 (but with this i think that i have some problem with the client of the logic analyzer). Then if i try to open the OLSv1.firmware.v2.6 or OLSv1.firmware.v3.0 with the PICKIT2 it say:
- Warning: No configuration words in hex file. In MPLAB use File-Export to save hex with config.
And of course, if i click on write, it success without any problem, but after that with this 2 version of firmware the logic analyzer it's not recognize anymore when i connect it with the usb cable. Can someone suggest me what to do?
vinko1990

Previous

Return to Open Bench Logic Sniffer