Advanced trigger software

A cheap logic analyzer. Get one for $50, including worldwide shipping. A collaboration between the Gadget Factory and Dangerous Prototypes.

Advanced trigger software

Postby JSMG » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:35 pm

Hello,
I'm not sure this post is on the correct forum, if not, I'm sure someone will tell me.
I have been for some time writing a program incorporating all off the demon core features and I would like to share a first result on this forum. It's certainly not bug free but should be serviceable. It is written in C#, requires net framework 4.0 client profile and should work on most windows versions. The working part of the program is based on the list provided by ian Davis in the demon core specification. As far as i can tell all advanced trigger functions work as described in this doc and I must thank Ian for the fine work he has done.
If there is any interest I will publish the source as open source, though for now I don't know how to do this.
Try it and let me know what you think about it.
Attachments
logicSniffer.rar
(728.36 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
JSMG

Re: Advanced trigger software

Postby miro » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:29 am

FANTASTIC WORK!
It works (alfa version I assume) here on win7 64b. Does not recognize port under virtual box win7 64b.
What I think: Great, but needs fine tuning and a LOT of work in the area of displaying the waves, handling the cursors, etc. (the devil is in the detail), when people start to use it.. Even Jawi's client is still not perfect in that area, imho..
Are you ready to spend next years with it ?? :)
Some screenshots below. The triggering scheme is Extreme :) :)
LS3.JPG

LS2.JPG

LS1.JPG
miro

Postby skip » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:20 pm

Wow, looks just like what I'm looking for!

I tried to run it under Mono on Ubuntu 16.04.1 but failed. Mono doesn't recognize the setup program as a CIL image so I didn't very far. Is source available? If so I'd like to try to compile it under Mono.

Skip
skip

Postby Funkster » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:31 am

Hallo,

Do you have edge triggering working? I'm trying to implement advanced triggers under sigrok, and at times it seems like it's triggering at the appropriate time (i.e. if I set an edge trigger, it sits and waits until I feed it edges and then it triggers) but the captured data (including some pre-trigger samples) doesn't show an edge.

I'm wondering if I have the right FPGA core... there's reference to a 3.08b core on t'internet but no actual files to download.

Any pointers gratefully received!
Funkster

Postby hoglet » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:42 am

Hello Funkster,
Funkster wrote:I'm wondering if I have the right FPGA core... there's reference to a 3.08b core on t'internet but no actual files to download.

Any pointers gratefully received!

The original files for 3.08b can be found here:
ols_verilog_release7_3.08b.zip
(287.16 KiB) Downloaded 20 times

(I'll add a link to the gadgetfactory forum where Markus posted these when I'm allowed)

This version adds the edge trigger capability to the basic triggers (new commands 0xC3, 0xC7, 0xCB, 0xCF) and also fixes an issue with RLE encoding in demux mode.

I'm also playing with this code at the moment, trying to get a bit more functionality out of libsigrok.

I have this in a couple of git repositories. Search for github user hoglet67 and look for the following repositories:
- Papilio_One_OLS
- libsigrok

How far did you get with adding advanced triggers to sigrok?

Dave
hoglet

Return to Open Bench Logic Sniffer