Skip to main content
Topic: EAGLE: Add a GND bus and a VCC bus to a proto board (Read 529 times) previous topic - next topic

EAGLE: Add a GND bus and a VCC bus to a proto board

Hi, I am not sure if this is the righ place for making my question, if not, just delete my post!

I am quite new in the Eagle world and I need help. I have made a bunch of simple prototyping PCBs of different sizes as part of a custom library and now I want to add a GND bus and a VCC bus.

I have done some research and I have found a project in which this guy is just using the routing command for connecting the holes in the GND bus. Unfortunately, as new user i cannot add links to the image and the project that I've found, but this is the title: "Files for making your own Arduino Protoshield " in Arduino Playground.

I still have a couple of questions: 1) Is this the best way for solving my issue? 2) It is possibile to do the routing directly in the library editor or I must do this in a new project? 3) Is there any difference between a route on the bottom layer or in the top layer for a 2 layers PCB?

Thank you for your time!

Re: EAGLE: Add a GND bus and a VCC bus to a proto board

Reply #1
Drop your part onto the schematic page.  Name all the pins you want to be a bussed together the same name.  IE GND or VCC.  Then when you are in the board layout, you will get rat nests (yellow) wires between all the buss.  Then you can link them all together with a track.