Skip to main content
Topic: SMALLSMT.BIZ we are selling our VP-2X00D machines now! (Read 14257 times) previous topic - next topic

SMALLSMT.BIZ we are selling our VP-2X00D machines now!

Hi,
I just started a new website for our SMT machines.
There are some things not completed yet but we improve every day.
Feel free to have a look.

http://www.smallsmt.biz

Best regards
Michael

Re: SMALLSMT.BIZ is alive

Reply #1
Hi,
we try to sell a good product to improve your prototyping cycle.

I develop electronic products since 1988 and in the past the costs to produce prototypes are increasing so much.

Second problem is the time you need to produce a small batch.

My solution is a good desktop PNP  machine at a reasonable price to do this jobs for me in a short time.

I put 46 of my standard components on the machine to produce my prototype and standard boards.
It's easy to import placement file, teach in the PCB zero point and mark points and finaly run the job.

We buy our components in small reels at Farnell's web shop so it's easy use on  our PNP machine.
I build batches of 1 to 400 pcs in a working day by placing up to 20000 components.

I am happy to help to improve your prototyping cycle.

Best regards

Michael

Re: SMALLSMT.BIZ is alive

Reply #2
Hi,

today I did 2 articles demonstrating the performance of our visual alignment system.
You can see how mark detection is working and the precision of TQFP48 placement.

Best regards
Michael

Re: SMALLSMT.BIZ we are selling our VP-2X00D machines now!

Reply #3
I've taken the plunge and ordered a VP-2500D machine from SMALLSMT.BIZ, hopefully I should have it here in the UK within the next 2-3 weeks so I'll upload some pix and perhaps a video of it in action and let everyone know how I get on with it. I've had great help and advice from Michael - thanks!

Looks like the perfect solution for me as my boards have an SMD BOM count of around 40 to 49 different value/type components with between 100 and 200 components in total per board; so I can place everything in one pass, it should manage around 2,000 components/hr with full vision which is fast enough for me and I should therefore be able to easily p&p 80 to 100 pcb's per day. Can't wait :-)

Reply #4
Hello 2thick, I am looking at this machine also and the tm245p. I would love to hear your feedback on this. The vision seems to be a nice option.

Reply #5
[quote author="viscomjim"]Hello 2thick, I am looking at this machine also and the tm245p. I would love to hear your feedback on this. The vision seems to be a nice option.[/quote]

Will do. I already own an SMT50 and this seems to run the same (or very similar) Win 7/8 software which I do like. Advantage over the SMT50 are extra feeders with pneumatic advance, along with twin heads which really helps the speed. Vision system seems similar too (which is a good thing!) however it has three cameras instead of two so should work really well with large and small parts alike. I looked at the tmp245 but I prefer to have a vision based system so that I don't have to manually re-align some parts after placement, which was a problem with the TM240. I also much prefer the windows 7 based software to the Neoden built in software and touch screen.

Re: SMALLSMT we are selling our VP-2X00D machines now!

Reply #6
Just to tell that I am very happy with the machine I have got a VP2500, it really worth the money!!! Really fast delivery, good packaging and the best is the great techinical SUPPORT!!! without the help of Michael, this machine would be really difficult to learn how to use therefore I am so thankful for his technical support. The software is really profesional. About quality, it looks strong, good finishing surface. The cameras have good quality image. I had problems with the windows driver because windows 10 don't allow me to install not signed drivers, but after change it on windows, all works fine. A bit difficult to mount the reels on the feeders, but after mount few of them I have got the trick. So.. my advice.. if you need a pick and place machine almost profesional, with an average of 2500 parts / hour when use vision and your budget is under USD 10000, you shouldn't doubt about get this machine. This machine has nothing to envy to the machines that cost USD20000. Actually to work in a semi professional way, VISION is a must!! no one machine in this range of prices offer it.
 If someone needs photos or videos of it working, ask and I will send.

Reply #7
Hello jspain. I would love nothing more than all the information you are willing to share. I am in the market right now and due to the "newness" of this machine, having an actual user be able to show and tell would be invaluable to me. I have been seriously looking at the tm245p and from this forum was introduced to the vp2500. Peaked my interest greatly because of vision.

Could you possibly share your experiences with this unit and any "real world" information? I don't know how to thank you enough as this will be a pretty big investment for a small guy like myself.

Reply #8
Hello viscomjim
I just started to work with the machine, the software is really good!!! after 4 hours with the help of Michael I was able to make a little test. Get a look
[attachment=5]
The second try was much better
you can see here

[attachment=4]

And after it i wanted to try to do it alone without the help of Michael, and it was not dificult

[attachment=3]

About the machine quality... I can tell that it really worth the money.. it dosnt looks like the chinese products we are used to get.

[attachment=2]
[attachment=1]
[attachment=0]

I cant post video here, i will upload in youtube.

Any question, just write here.

Regards

Reply #9
jspain, thanks for all that. I would love to see video if you are able to post some on youtube. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Reply #10
QFP, QFN, and TSSOP pad alignment photos would be great. Thanks!

Reply #11
Hi Royce,

it's all the same because we use the outline for alignment.
Please review my videos on http://http://www.smallsmt.biz/know-how/placing-tqfp48-demo/
and http://http://www.smallsmt.biz/videos/

Tell me a special part you like to see and I do a video for you.
Maybe I need some days to buy the parts but I will do.

The only limit is 0.5mm pitch and 0.4mm will work but need more care for adjustment.
If you can live with 0.1mm maximum misplacement normally we place better than 0.1mm this machine will be ok for you!

Best Regards
Michael

Reply #12
I'm curious about what this recent crop of smaller machines can do. I'd like to get a feel for the lines that divide hand assembly, out-sourced assembly, and in-house assembly. I feel like the sort of shops looking at this class of machine are not making cell phones or other tiny stuff and thus 0201 and 0402 performance is irrelevant. Reliably accurate of placement fine pitch chips that are fiddly to work with by hand (but still quite doable so that hand assembly is an option) would be more important.

For whatever, reason, most of the videos for these machines just place a bunch of resistors. This makes me wonder about how well they do with chips.

Seeing several 0.5mm QFNs and several 0.65mm TSSOPs placed close enough to the pads top reflow properly would be a pretty convincing argument that a given machine can place any sort of chip I'm likely to use. Your new TQFP-48 video + plus hi-res still photographs is a big improvement over the video with that larger package that seems to have bent/missing pins.

Reply #13
I do some sample videos next week I am too busy this week!

Reply #14
Hello Royce

I didn't  post a photo of qfn or tssop because I don't have experience on this yet. As I told before this is the work of 4 hours. I will try to use a few Ics and post results. But don't take  me as reference. I'm not professional with smt. I just show what a newby would need to cope when open the packaging.