Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 808484 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #5357
we digress from the topic.  ;)

Reply #5358
not the actual 3.0v reference voltage.
The external reference voltage is not used for tool ID. Lower resistance readings are pretty close to each other. So usage of resistors with low tolerance is kinda required or at least selecting the one that's close to the nominal resistance as much as possible.

Reply #5359
why import, Microchip the production is located in China.

The point here is not where they are made, but in China, you can find USA IMPORT which is the same sold by DIGIKEY as Worldwide Authorised Distributor.

The main distributor for China is "Microchip Technology Trading (Shanghai) Co Ltd.", 
The point here is that we can find CLONE PIC32 which are listed BRAND OTHER with suspicious packing and poor chip marking.

Anyone doing Unisolder for personal use one time and not for resale,  I suggest selecting Digikey, TME, Farnell or any other trusted supplier in the world.

Reply #5360
The external reference voltage is not used for tool ID. Lower resistance readings are pretty close to each other. So usage of resistors with low tolerance is kinda required or at least selecting the one that's close to the nominal resistance as much as possible.
I am not saying the external reference voltage is being used. I am trying to say that when Sparkybg was creating IDHash values, he used 3.3v for calculation, instead of 3.0v from REF3030.

Reply #5361
This is my progress with the DSX80, finally, it is working after trying 8 different pumps found what I wanted with RPM for different nozzles using the same Unisolder Power.

My DSX80 in action: (FYI: I am not using any flux since I have a missing filter on the pump so I do not want to risk it )
https://files.fm/f/qregk7722

Professional in action:  :o 
https://imgur.com/a/QPHhHbo

Reply #5362
he used 3.3v for calculation, instead of 3.0v from REF3030.
It's totally expected. Why he would use 3.0V in the calculation if the pull-up voltage is 3.3V and ADC reference voltage for identification purpose is also 3.3V? If you plug 3.3V into the ADC value formula you'd see that nominal values are in the middle of IDhash ranges.

Reply #5363
It's totally expected. Why he would use 3.0V in the calculation if the pull-up voltage is 3.3V and ADC reference voltage for identification purpose is also 3.3V? If you plug 3.3V into the ADC value formula you'd see that nominal values are in the middle of IDhash ranges.
You are correct about this. But on the actual board, the Voltage between Vref+ and Vref- is actually 3.0v instead of 3.3v

Reply #5364
You are correct about this. But on the actual board, the Voltage between Vref+ and Vref- is actually 3.0v instead of 3.3v

Reply #5365
Right. But just after mcuADCStartManual() there is mcuADCRefVdd() which sets reference for following measurements as VDD. AD1CON2bits.VCFG=0b010: Vrefh = Avdd, directly connected to 3.3V; Vrefl = Vref-, directly connected to GND.

Reply #5366
 Werva. I have your same issue cannot find U6 so it is safe to use REF3130AIDBZT instead since I can order that easy.

Tronix,"  it is working after trying 8 different pumps " , does this mean you destroyed 8 pumps ? 
May I ask if this is for sale please, if yes any idea re price?  We do daily repairs on power supplies the gun I have is an old Aoyue and compare to your video I need 3 times your time to extract your chip I am impressed

Reply #5367
Werva. I have your same issue cannot find U6 so it is safe to use REF3130AIDBZT instead since I can order that easy

Yes REF3130AIDBZT working well.

Reply #5368
Right. But just after mcuADCStartManual() there is mcuADCRefVdd() which sets reference for following measurements as VDD. AD1CON2bits.VCFG=0b010: Vrefh = Avdd, directly connected to 3.3V; Vrefl = Vref-, directly connected to GND.
I see what you are saying. in iron.c, void IronIdentify() calls mcuADCStartManualAVdd(). Which is exactly what you are saying. I am glad we figured it out. My mistake on this one.

Reply #5369
does this mean you destroyed 8 pumps ? 
May I ask if this is for sale please, if yes any idea re price?  We do daily repairs on power supplies the gun I have is an old Aoyue and compare to your video I need 3 times your time to extract your chip I am impressed

Sure not destroyed already return them where I work,  they all were good for the dsx80 but I want to use 1 toroidal, I was having weird issues such as unwanted noise interfering with unisolder while in the heater mode and refuse to heat up with no instrument at random.

This is not ready yet, the pot will be removed and set Ideal RPM buttons for each nozzle, Example Nozzle 1 = 800 RPM, Nozzle 2=  900RPM and so on, I have 11 nozzles ( Genuine Weller ) to play with, this will be calibrated using a vacuum suction meter and should help minimize wear and tear on the pump diaphragm.

This is not for sale sorry, I had a Hakko Fr301 EU version which I can understand you this 100 times better it did a great job with old solder @ 242C avg & no flux,