Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 808491 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #5280
I guess stay away from Tindie seller?

The first back board i got in the kit was faulty and got replaced after a bit of troubleshooting but now the second board i still have issues with. the seller is communicative but yea the quality seems sub par. I have ordered most of the BOM and got a new hot air station so I am thinking about redoing the backboard. But yea at first i just wanted a solid station which i didnt have to solder a board for myself, but it looks like I have to anyways..

Reply #5281
the seller is communicative but yea the quality seems sub par

I can only read in this forum, I counted at least 7 people that are saying they got no reply on the same issue 511c.

Blame the end user for a mistake or something else is just unfair since from here it is clear something went wrong in his components supplies since all said that the PCB was working fine.

I do not have any interest nor I sell anything related to Unisolder, I am here to help, learn and improve my Unisolder with add on mods etc.  Re quality I cannot say anything since till today I never seen a tindy board.

Last not least mistakes happen if that is the case not the end of the world for loveDiy.
If LoveDiy response here and take responsibility and help all users with legit problems it would be nice.

Reply #5282
I can only read in this forum, I counted at least 7 people that are saying they got no reply on the same issue 511c.

Blame the end user for a mistake or something else is just unfair since from here it is clear something went wrong in his components supplies since all said that the PCB was working fine.

I do not have any interest nor I sell anything related to Unisolder, I am here to help, learn and improve my Unisolder with add on mods etc.  Re quality I cannot say anything since till today I never seen a tindy board.

Last not least mistakes happen if that is the case not the end of the world for loveDiy.
If LoveDiy response here and take responsibility and help all users with legit problems it would be nice.

Up until recently the feedback from lovediy was helpful but when i reported the issue i am facing right now, it was "The shipment has been tested, it should not be!"

I just hope ill be soldering with my JBC tips soon :/

Already thinking of just buying a cheap chinese station that takes jbc tips.

Reply #5283

Already thinking of just buying a cheap chinese station that takes jbc tips.

There's a station on Aliexpress for about $75. Has anyone tried it?

Reply #5284
"The shipment has been tested, it should not be!"

I understand his point he cannot lose more money with you but the issue here is to prove that the damage was not done by you and because of poor components.  My task here is to help you and not enter into such arguments so the doubt always remains from a seller point of view that you did something wrong, it's his own polite exit from such matter.

If you need help here there are a lot of ppl willing to help you just do your part and take it as a challenge and do not give up.

Reply #5285
There's a station on Aliexpress for about $75. Has anyone tried it?

Here we chat about Unisolder, talking about other station here will be not very respectful to SparkyBG. Hope you understand.
It is already not good we are filling pages with Unisolder Tindie support problems. 8)

Reply #5286
I understand his point he cannot lose more money with you but the issue here is to prove that the damage was not done by you and because of poor components.  My task here is to help you and not enter into such arguments so the doubt always remains from a seller point of view that you did something wrong, it's his own polite exit from such matter.

If you need help here there are a lot of ppl willing to help you just do your part and take it as a challenge and do not give up.

Yea i feel ya, just a bit bummed. Specifically bought the board since i didnt want to deal with fully sourcing and building it myself.

Any advice as to what you would do from here.

- Board powers up on DC seems to be functioning ( havent tried the heating element since the PSU i have isnt powerful enough)
 - on AC the display remains off, When ive added an EMI filter the board powers up but as soon as i put a cartridge in i get the power lost message.
 - The 2.42 display i have doesnt want to work on AC no matter what i try but on DC it works fine.
 - After C1 i meassure 23.46 volt on AC and on DC
 - For the J3 Connector to the front board the 3.3v line on AC is 2v and on DC its like it should (3.3v)

Reply #5288
1>- After C1 i meassure 23.46 volt on AC and on DC
This is correct if measured on DC.
If measured on AC it should give 10V on AC POWER and 0V on DC power.

2> For the J3 Connector to the front board the 3.3v line on AC is 2v and on DC it's like it should (3.3v)
Ac or DC has to be 3.3V +-, if you remove display power will the power remain 2v or goes to 3.3v?

Reply #5289
from Russia.

Oops sorry, I thought you are from China!! Re Charges still the same Russia is not part of EU Member. O:)

Reply #5290
Measure what is on C22, C8 and C11.

Reply #5291
I got info from lovediy that my 511'c problem can be software problem and send me update. But on GitHub last update is from 02.12.2020. LoveDiY send me file named "USB_NewYearV174_20210601"
 @vulkan35 you think I should first update this or replacement U12, U13, U17, U18?

Reply #5293
I update and change U12, U13, U17, U18 and still the same problem, When i start wihout tip C210 or T12 that temperature rise to 511 or 504 (T12)... i have no info about no tip and when i connect T12 and dissconect that i don't have info "No instrument" can somebody can help me?