Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 817793 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #5160
your encoder is much more stable.

Yes, indeed. The previous code could be made to crash if you went wild with encoder inputs (quickly turning left/right while pressing the button down simultaneously, etc). The display would just freeze up. I cannot manage to crash the encoder on this one. Also, the first encoder option is a perfect match to my optical encoder now, which it was not in the original firmware: Each indent on the encoder shaft is corresponding to an actual digital input. So no more "skipping". Nice!

Reply #5161
Just the opposite. C1 is the coefficient with power 1. It just provides linear slope,

The gain, offset and C0 are in fact the parameters that must be considered - these are always linear, and the result is predictable.
What is wrong to be changed C1 in that case and to measure the Temp at the working point at the same time. What is unpredictable here?

Reply #5162
It is nice to read and learn more about these extra features by Catear but anyone in here likes the idea of having the sleep function in auto mode while the Iron in your hand?

I am trying hard to understand the purpose of this feature and how It will be used on real PCB while soldering.
The rest of the features might be useful.

Reply #5163
What is wrong to be changed C1 in that case and to measure the Temp at the working point at the same time. What is unpredictable here?
I need a simple solution to equal the different tool Temp and if changing only  C1 helps why not.

Reply #5164
It is nice to read and learn more about these extra features by Catear but anyone in here likes the idea of having the sleep function in auto mode while the Iron in your hand?

I think it could be useful to have if you do not want to design a specific holder for several different irons.

I only use t245 and t210, and I use a ring insert in my t245 holder for the t210 iron so I can use the same stand, but others will maybe have a Weller also, requiring a different solution for the holder.

So in that case it might be an alternative.

Reply #5165

I am trying hard to understand the purpose of this feature and how It will be used on real PCB while soldering.
The rest of the features might be useful.

This function can be turned on or off, and you can specify a separate switch for a certain handle, use it if you need it, or turn it off if you don’t need it. No one will force you to use it.

Reply #5166
The behavior ot the polynomial is unpredictable, because tha C1 is just a small part of it. It is 100% predictable if only C0 and C1 are used.

I spent pretty much time playing with polynomial regression for K type TC and NTC - for example only changing the polynimial's order not only changes the coefficients by a huge amount, but also changes their sign. That's why it is unpredictable - for example, a polyonomial with generally positive slope may have negative C1 and vice-versa.

Providing a temperature gain and offset (not the profile one but after the temperature is already calculated) whould be a better approach, because this is usually what is needed - either the temperature is more or less by a same amount, ot it is more ot less by a percent. So gain setting of 80-120% and of offset setting of +/- 50 degrees celsius is all thet is needed and with 100% predictable results. Much safer too. Although, there are several ocasions that even this approach would mask a hardware problems. All my irons on all my controllers give around +/- 5 degrees celsius maximum discrepancy. And the controllers I have in the moment are both hand made by me with all the parts from the original BOM with 100% original parts, and 4 Tindie boards (5.2B and 5.2C) with both AD and chinese OPAmps, so I am pretty confident that the iron profiles are correct. The cause for the offsets and gain errors must come from elsewhere.

Reply #5167
I think it could be useful to have if you do not want to design a specific holder for several different irons.

I only use t245 and t210, and I use a ring insert in my t245 holder for the t210 iron so I can use the same stand, but others will maybe have a Weller also, requiring a different solution for the holder.

So in that case it might be an alternative.
Ok, what about if you had a possibility to have them all connected to the Unisolder at the same time, do you think you won't need holders

Reply #5168
Ok, what about if you had a possibility to have them all connected to the Unisolder at the same time, do you think you won't need holders
The plug is directly changed to gx16 8pin, no bracket is needed

Reply #5169

Reply #5170
I speak about many of them ( connectors ) connected at the same time, you will have many tools ready for 4-6 s to be heated at 300C*

Reply #5171
I made and tested a lot of handles, such as jbc210/jbc245/jbc470/hakko t22/hakko 2024 solder suction device/weller rtm/weller electric tweezers/ersa wind pen, only jbc210 and jbc245 have suitable dormant brackets, others are not available for the time being A suitable bracket is available, and many friends may also have such troubles. The power dormancy is only used as a supplement or temporary use. Provide a new idea

Reply #5173
I am making a switching pcb for switching 4 handles to match the soldering station bracket I designed
Did you test for the correct Temp with nonmodified sparky's profiles

Reply #5174
Did you test for the correct Temp with nonmodified sparky's profiles
In fact, my friends and I failed to get the correct temperature using the unmodified configuration file, and the difference between 245 and 210 is 30 degrees. My friends are all the same phenomenon, maybe something is different from sparkybg, Some people use the same genuine device purchased from the original bom, and some people use Chinese substitute devices, but the results are the same, which is not ideal, so we have the idea to modify the configuration file