Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 781169 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #4875
Your controller is in "rotary encoder" mode.

Press and hold center button until "CONTOL SELECTION" menu is shown (it will go to normal menu first - just keep the button pressed for 3-4 more seconds), and then select "KEYS", again pressinng and releasing center button.

Reply #4876
Your controller is in "rotary encoder" mode.

Press and hold center button until "CONTOL SELECTION" menu is shown (it will go to normal menu first - just keep the button pressed for 3-4 more seconds), and then select "KEYS", again pressinng and releasing center button.

It worked! Thank you so much Sparkybg! You just made my day. :D

Reply #4877
Press and hold center button until "CONTOL SELECTION" menu is shown

Thanks this answer my question since I thought you need to enable encoder.
My board does nothing if I press middle btn for 30 secs all it does enter in menu shall I risk update the latest firmware via usb since I do not have pickit?
Re Encoder before I buy is it possible to confirm if this will work ?

Big Thanks

Reply #4878
@marco
 You are asking almost my same questions, Sparky said any A/B encoder will be fine for mechanical type.
I have tried the encoder with 6 models price range from $7 each to $36 each. I did not found any noticeable difference but I believe the real difference will be the durability. Almost all models are already been tested by other members of this community so all I did add them to my cart to try them but I agree that magnetic rotary was the best of all my tests.

> RE link:  I would not buy unbranded and without datasheet but it may work fine just ask the seller if it has A & B Channel.
> RE Firmware: I suggest having pickit3 since it may not work or corrupt the actual firmware but if you have the correct firmware that supports USB without Pickit it should work fine if you get no errors.

May I ask how did you solve the 511 blinking issues , since that has nothing to do with MOSFETs solution?

@common
Thanks for sharing the video glad you solved the issue with a simple click. :)

Reply #4879
511 was solved by checking what Sparkybg suggested sens A/B area, I put All parts new in that section as mentioned in my previous post a month ago, the mosfets solved the iron not getting hot.

Re Encoder I do not need something fancy I will ask seller thanks for the help.

Reply #4880
Thanks this answer my question since I thought you need to enable encoder.
My board does nothing if I press middle btn for 30 secs all it does enter in menu shall I risk update the latest firmware via usb since I do not have pickit?
Re Encoder before I buy is it possible to confirm if this will work ?

Big Thanks

Yes, this encoder is the same as EC11, so it will work.

Reply #4881
@minkok
I would like to customize your PCB to fit my IRON case perfectly.
Would it be possible to check my schematic please based on your latest pdf?

Thanks in advance

Reply #4882
@minkok
I would like to customize your PCB to fit my IRON case perfectly.
Would it be possible to check my schematic please based on your latest pdf?

Thanks in advance
The sch. looks ok, but what bothered me is the Q1, Q2/1p it is connected as a collector, while on Q3, Q4/1p it is a gate, BAV199 also ( no clear pinouts ) - needs to be checked pins and in my pcb BAV199 is a sot23 ( but it doesn't matter )
Pin header JST_B06B-PASK-1 is 6 position 0.079" (2.00mm), while mine 2mm one is a 7 position ( again doesn't matter )
What it is good stuff I can see, it is the rule - small board, small pin header.

Reply #4883
( no clear pinouts )

You are correct, I had the pinouts in my properties however it was not displayed on the pdf since it was disabled, please re-check,
Thanks for your time and effort to improve this circuit.

Reply #4884
You are correct, I had the pinouts in my properties however it was not displayed on the pdf since it was disabled, please re-check,
Thanks for your time and effort to improve this circuit.
You still have a mistake with Q1 and Q2 connections, Please compare thoroughly with my sch. - change base with collector

Reply #4885
I did check it 10 times but the mistake was on my paper, thanks for spotting the mistake.

Reply #4887
Hey all, I'm currently putting this project together, and besides missing a few components things are going well, but I did have a question.

For Q1 I purchased a MDJ122G which is the same ID on the BOM but when soldering I was bit confused as Q1 has three pads for leads while the MDJ122G only has 2 leads and a tab. Does that matter? Not too used to specific package types so I wanted to make sure that this one will work, or if I need to replace it.

Thanks for the help.

Reply #4888
It is still 3 pads since the middle pin and base are common. This depends on the brand and package type, both work fine.