Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 782642 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #4801
Update the bootloader and try again. There was a problem with it some time in the past.

Reply #4802
Works perfect for me

you have revision 5.2C from what date is the firmware? managed to flash only the version from 06.12.20
but still doesn't work correctly, after shutdown the settings are reset.  :'(

Reply #4803
Update the bootloader and try again. There was a problem with it some time in the past.

on bootloaders after 06.12.2021 the update of the usb software does not work.
firmware version from 06.12.2021 update by usb passes successfully.
the firmware does not work correctly, resetting settings after shutdown.

p.s will try to flash the board version 5.2 firmware from 06.12.2021

Reply #4804
I am not sure on which bootloader I am, bit I think it's the latest one. All three 5.2C boards I have built are on the latest firmware that is on the github right now.

Reply #4806
picked up the bootloader and firmware:

US_BootLoader.X.production.hex  06.12.2020 18:29 + MPLAB X IPE v5.45 + pickit3
US_Firmware.X.production.hex  07.02.2021 4:47 + PC software + usb 
MPLAB X IDE v5.45 + XC32 Compiler v2.50

settings are not saved : ((

Reply #4807
flashed pickit full firmware?

No, I always flash bootloader only in X IDE and update firmware with usb in Unisolder software. The reason why I said that I am unsure which bootloader versions are flashed, is because two of the three boards I built were assembled with components I removed from older 5.2 boards. So the U5 chips were already flashed. This means that it might be that the bootloader is older on those. The one board I built with all new components has the latest bootloader I'm sure.

In any case, all boards behave the same, and settings are saved.

Reply #4809
I wish to try powering my new Unisolder (purchased from Tindie) with DC power.  Maybe this transformer I am using is not good.  I cannot see polarity for DC input on PCB.  Can someone tell me how to connect DC power?  Is schematic same for new and old board?
Thank you!

Reply #4811
X

Reply #4812
Thank you!  I had almost made a fire! :o

Reply #4813
It works now running on DC power!  But, when I first apply DC power, it gives short beep, then long beep, then displays "21".  Briefly, it shows "no instrument" (iron is already connected before DC power is applied), then briefly it says "heater shortcircuit" and then it works normally.  Does anyone know what "21" means?   And is this behavior expected?

One thing I do not have connected is the iron outer to earth.  But I have no earth so I would think it does not matter for DC power.

I do not know why it did not work before on AC transformer.  The only thing I can think is maybe the 6 conductor plug is backwards?  I look at the pin configuration on each end and it is different.  If I plug in the wrong way, maybe that is why it does not work?  EDIT: I flipped cable around and it still works so that is not the problem.

Reply #4814
Checked the bootloader from 07.02.2021 does not work on three controllers.
Github stable firmware UniSolder5.2_firmware-2020.06.zip