Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 774116 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #4770
I have the same problem like you we have replaced all U parts and still my boards is not heating the iron needless to say I am very disappointed.
You may check physical wire if correctly it is connected first.Then measure the voltage on Input/Output pins of Amplifier Us depending on the schematics. So then ,Ones can analysis what error you own.

Reply #4771
I have the same problem like you we have replaced all U parts and still my boards is not heating the iron needless to say I am very disappointed.
You can make quick check if a driver of the Heater1 is ok by shorting colector - emiter of Q4 for not longer than 1s and check display temperature or by touching carefully the cartridge ( for T245, or irons using Heater1 ). If it heats, start to check if pulses comes to or comes out from the previous components until you reach pin of the controller. . . Simple!
P.s.  I would be also  disappointed if I got not working boards.

Reply #4772
You can make quick check if a driver of the Heater1 is ok by shorting colector - emiter of Q4 for not longer than 1s and check display temperature or by touching carefully the cartridge ( for T245, or irons using Heater1 ). If it heats, start to check if pulses comes to or comes out from the previous components until you reach pin of the controller. . . Simple!
P.s.  I would be also  disappointed if I got not working boards.

Reply #4774
I just solved one condition of sensor open. Its U5 Pin1-16 resoldered.

Reply #4775
Hi, sparkybg, you have designed such an excellent welding platform. Thank you very much for your contribution! I venture to ask if you intend to design a hot-air gun. With enough time, I believe it will also make fans all over the world love it :)

Reply #4776
Hi all,
Can anyone help me please to correctly wire the Weller WMRT tweezers? I attach the tweezers internal configuration. Thank you!

Reply #4777
1 - Vout1+
5 - SENSEA
2 - Vout1-,Vout2-
4 - EARTH
6 - SENSEB
3 - Vout2+

You must connect together pin 1 and pin 2 of the thermistor and also replace R2 with 0 ohm resistor, as far as I remember.

Be extra cautious on first attempt and do it with 100C temperature setting. Turn the power off immediately on any signs of overheating.

Reply #4778
Hello,
My Unisolder 5.2 that was made several years ago has been great. But I just noticed something recently...sometimes when iron is not connected, it will show “heater open.”  But sometimes it will show “no instrument.”  Is this behavior normal?  I do not notice it before. My iron connector is not modified. The connections to SenseA/B and ID resistors are in the iron socket side.

Reply #4780
Hi,

is it possible to use two different soldering handles at same time or is this function only for tweezers?

Reply #4781
Hi,

is it possible to use two different soldering handles at same time or is this function only for tweezers?

no, this function only for tweezers.

Reply #4782
Hello,
My Unisolder 5.2 that was made several years ago has been great. But I just noticed something recently...sometimes when iron is not connected, it will show “heater open.”  But sometimes it will show “no instrument.”  Is this behavior normal?  I do not notice it before. My iron connector is not modified. The connections to SenseA/B and ID resistors are in the iron socket side.

If your iron is completely disconnected (unplugged) it should show no instrument. But this is with ID resistors in the iron connector attached to the cable. I am not sure how it should behave with the ID resistors attached to the board pins

Reply #4783
I received my Unisolder 5.2c ( from Tindie). There are front, back sides and LCD module , some cables, resistors.... .
But no instructions/procedure how to connect all these stuff. Is there any website link available where I can find instructions?
Or can anyone plese help a little bit?
Thank you.

Reply #4784
Hi Jane,

All the instructions are on this topic 319 pages, if you find any specific issues I am sure someone in here will find time to help you however you need to do your part in understanding all required for this circuit to work with no issues.

Sure it comes with no instructions or procedures, just do not be the 3rd person to blow up the 5.2c circuit.

The hardest part you have is to connect the IRON correct and Power supply AC or DC  just avoid doing that wrong and you should be fine assuming the circuit you got work fine.

I believe this project require sections for Coding, troubleshooting, PCB design, documentation and more 8) .

Tronix