Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 818299 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #4740
Hello everyone!
A long while ago, I made my Unisolder with much help from everyone here. I am not good with electronics but can solder okay. ;D
Anyway, I purchased premade Unisolder board and need to connect the parts together.  Can someone tell me if I have identified the proper connections for iron? 

Reply #4741
Forgot to ask...this little PCB came with the Unisolder I purchased. I do not know what it is or how to connect it. When I made my Unisolder, there was no such small PCB.

Reply #4742
Hello everyone!
A long while ago, I made my Unisolder with much help from everyone here. I am not good with electronics but can solder okay. ;D
Anyway, I purchased premade Unisolder board and need to connect the parts together.  Can someone tell me if I have identified the proper connections for iron? 

The connections to the iron have not changed in the 5.2C version, so you can use the same connections as you sed when you built your own boards

Reply #4743
Forgot to ask...this little PCB came with the Unisolder I purchased. I do not know what it is or how to connect it. When I made my Unisolder, there was no such small PCB.

this is probably a touch sensing board you can use to make use of the "instant setback" functionality of the Unisolder. I am not familiar with this specific version though.

Reply #4744
Hello everyone!

Ps: you need to remove C85 and C86 for temp regulation to work properly.

Reply #4745
What is  "instant setback" functionality?

Reply #4746
Another variant of holder sensor. When you put your instrument into the holder, it goes to lower temperature.

Reply #4747
Is "instant setback" other word connection used for the holder sensor or  it works on a different principle?

Reply #4748
I meant to say the same thing. Touch based reduction of temperature

Reply #4749
Okay, I have wired up this new controller and have a problem. The normal screen is displayed and it recognizes my iron, JBC 245. But when I plug in the iron, the display does not change and the iron does not heat up. Since I have only one type of iron, the connections and resistors are wired into the board connections, not inside the iron connector. Any idea what is wrong?

Reply #4750
Ps: you need to remove C85 and C86 for temp regulation to work properly.

Hmmm, I do not know if I did this for my original Unisolder?  This premade board is supposed to be tested to function properly. Why do you think these components need to be removed?  I have everything installed inside of case now so hard to check if they are there.

Reply #4751
@sparkybg  Hi,I just found two problems in the latest version firmware。
1. C210 the really temperature is very low than set temperature,about 100 celsius。
2. when iron in sleep mode,press any key it will go holder temperture。
I will chek on p.1, but p.2 is not a problem. Any action on buttons or encoder takes it out of sleep mode, and this is intentional, and it has always been this way.

For p.1 - remove C85 and C86 on the back PCB if you installed them.

Reply #4752
I will chek on p.1, but p.2 is not a problem. Any action on buttons or encoder takes it out of sleep mode, and this is intentional, and it has always been this way.

For p.1 - remove C85 and C86 on the back PCB if you installed them.

Are you sure this applies to my problem?  Iron does not get hot at all.   Also, I have JBC 245, not 210. I do see C85 and C86 so could remove if it will fix it.

I should be more clear. The controller shows JBC C245 but when I plug iron in, the display does not change. I will attach pic with iron plugged in. Sometimes when plugging iron in, the display will flash briefly the temperature screen but this does not happen always.

Reply #4754
Hmmm, I do not know if I did this for my original Unisolder?  This premade board is supposed to be tested to function properly. Why do you think these components need to be removed?  I have everything installed inside of case now so hard to check if they are there.

C85 and C86 are additional C's that Sparky added to the 5.2C revision to try and get lower noise in the circuit, but it turned out they had a negative effect on the regulating performance. So you should not install them.

This has nothing to do with your current issue, so you can ignore this for now.