Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 818296 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #4725
Guys, can you suggest a sleeping mode solution for JBC tweezer AN115-A and JBC iron NT115-A ?
What stand and sensor to use? Thanks for your advice.

Reply #4726
Guys, can you suggest a sleeping mode solution for JBC tweezer AN115-A and JBC iron NT115-A ?

Wondering about this as well. I think one could devise some kind of fork to hang the iron on by its metal sleeve, and connect this fork somehow to the touch plate of a normal iron holder. But I have not come up with an elegant solution yet.

Reply #4727
The original JBC... well... let's call them "forks"... those JBC "forks" (used on JBCs own stations to hold their Nano tools) are available to buy separately:

X

EAN: 8427327397798
Part no.: JBC-0016606
Cat. no.: 806839

I've searched for an elegant way to mount two of those to my soldering iron holder and decided to mount two of these cross bar holders:

X

... on the sides of my soldering iron holder, to put the JBC "forks" in. They fit almost perfectly... the one and only problem will be: i have to prevent the steel of the cross bar holders to directly touch the metall of my soldering iron holder. But it should be possible...

Reply #4728

Well, I build a stand not for the AN115 specifically, but for my AM120-A tweezer. But can easily be adapted....

I used this stand
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32622654723.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dKHG0Ad

Then I removed the unnecessary metal sheets and build my own one.
In the small 3D printed box is the contact sensor connected via a 200k resistor to the base plate.
It works fine, no problems so far.

Reply #4729
Well, I build a stand not for the AN115 specifically, but for my AM120-A tweezer. But can easily be adapted....

I used this stand
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32622654723.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dKHG0Ad

Then I removed the unnecessary metal sheets and build my own one.
In the small 3D printed box is the contact sensor connected via a 200k resistor to the base plate.
It works fine, no problems so far.
Good stand, I don't have AM120A, but I thought about hanging it the same way like nano-s

Reply #4730
Hi, now the things a much clearer and explain how the BJT help us to speed up the charging, but does not do that for the noise, anyway, at least we have something that works.
Using the common techniques for filtering of already amplified noise looks is not the right way. Let try something different, to make it by time delay, but it is a part dependant. Let assume we have 50hz (20ms) noise and we choose 10 times more time delay ( charging and discharging of the gate has the same path with the same time 20ms ) that’s mean the gate will not be charged/discharge enough to switch on/off the mosfet. We get a starting point (200ms) by setting R2* to 2.2k it gives to us 0.211ms transition time for BSS138 with Qgt=0.317nC/3.3V. If everything fits it should work.

Reply #4731
Good stand, I don't have AM120A, but I thought about hanging it the same way like nano-s

AM120 cannot be easily hung like AN115 because it cannot make contact to touch sensing that way. It does not have the metal sleeve that the newer nano tools have for this purpose

Reply #4732
AM120 cannot be easily hung like AN115 because it cannot make contact to touch sensing that way. It does not have the metal sleeve that the newer nano tools have for this purpose
That cannot stop you if you want that feature. He did much more job with the current stand, what about to add piece of aluminium connected to the earth.

Reply #4733
Hi, now the things a much clearer and explain how the BJT help us to speed up the charging, but does not do that for the noise, anyway, at least we have something that works.
Using the common techniques for filtering of already amplified noise looks is not the right way. Let try something different, to make it by time delay, but it is a part dependant. Let assume we have 50hz (20ms) noise and we choose 10 times more time delay ( charging and discharging of the gate has the same path with the same time 20ms ) that’s mean the gate will not be charged/discharge enough to switch on/off the mosfet. We get a starting point (200ms) by setting R2* to 2.2k it gives to us 0.211ms transition time for BSS138 with Qgt=0.317nC/3.3V. If everything fits it should work.

so: put back C4 2.2uF, and change R2* from 150K to 2.2K? Would 2K or 2.4K be close enough?

Reply #4734
so: put back C4 2.2uF, and change R2* from 150K to 2.2K? Would 2K or 2.4K be close enough?
Nope, we go back to the first simple circuit - no C4, nor Q1. Just replace R2* 560 with 2.2k Both should work, but let start with 2.4k
Sorry, not to be confused replace R2* 150k with 2.4k, remove C4 and Q1

Reply #4735
Nope, we go back to the first simple circuit - no C4, nor Q1. Just replace R2* 560 with 2.2k Both should work, but let start with 2.4k
Sorry, not to be confused replace R2* 150k with 2.4k, remove C4 and Q1
`

Hand sensitivity returns like this,

Reply #4737
You mean, it is noise affected. Can you please change R2* to 7.5k - in case you have BSS138P

I mean that if I touch the plate by hand without the iron in the stand, the temperature goes to holder temp. I will make sure that I have BSS138 by changing Q1. I do not have 7.5K resistors or anything close

UPDATE: With BSS138, plates react to touch most of the time

Reply #4738
I mean that if I touch the plate by hand without the iron in the stand, the temperature goes to holder temp. I will make sure that I have BSS138 by changing Q1. I do not have 7.5K resistors or anything close

UPDATE: With BSS138, plates react to touch most of the time
Let to confirm. Q1 is BJT and needs to be removed, Q1* is BSS138 use R2*= 2.4k, if you have BSS138P use R2*=7.5k or close to it