Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 818293 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #4635
As I understand Unisolder controller can be used with various soldering tips/ tweezers.
I need to use it with JBC  C105, C115 tips  and  NP115-A tweezers.
Are the following  changes enough?

For  JBC C105/C115:
Outer shell (green wire), connected to EARTH
Heater negative (blue wire), connected to Vout1-
Heater positive (red wire), connected to Vout1+ and SENSEA
3.0k between ID and Vout1-
1.0k between ID and Vout2-

For JBC Microtweezers:
Outer shell of both tips (green wire) connected to EARTH
Heater 1 negative (blue wire) connected to Vout1-
Heater 1 positive (red wire) connected to Vout1+ and SENSEA
Heater 2 negative (brown wire) connected to Vout2-
Heater 2 positive (yellow wire) connected to Vout2+ and SENSEB
1.0k between ID and Vout1-

The connections are the same, but the ID resistors for C105/C115 are different and there is still no profile for nanotweezers.

Reply #4636
Which Mosfet shall I try?

Still, I am not suggesting to remove anything but you can try some testing after I saw your video.

As I suggested yesterday check the schematic and reverse route.
Iron > mosfet Q8,9,10,11 > driver U2 > Nor gates U3  > CMOS SPDT Switches U16 > PIC U5   (HEATER)
Sensor  > MOSFET  Q19 & Q22  > Op Amps  U12  > Digital Potentiometer U10 (SENSOR A & B)

If you require any measurement please let me know,
The above is my interpretation of the schematic so it could be that I have a mistake or missing any important component.

>>>>I still believe the issue is on the front pcb
Unfortunately, it is not what you believe if the problem is on the back PCB it has to be fixed.

Reply #4637
I have problems with the 2.42" OLED display. When pressing the buttons to set the temperature (iron isn't connected), the power board makes noise as long as the set temperature is shown on the display. The user afedorov had already mentioned a possible solution in this post. Unfortunately, no user has commented on whether this worked. Can anyone confirm this solution as successful or are there other suggestions? Would be very grateful for any help.

Reply #4638
I have problems with the 2.42" OLED display. When pressing the buttons to set the temperature (iron isn't connected), the power board makes noise as long as the set temperature is shown on the display. The user afedorov had already mentioned a possible solution in this post. Unfortunately, no user has commented on whether this worked. Can anyone confirm this solution as successful or are there other suggestions? Would be very grateful for any help.

Are you using the latest firmware? Older firmware was fussy about the display used but when Sparky found time again to work on Unisolder a couple of months ago this was among the things he fixed.

Reply #4639
Are you using the latest firmware? Older firmware was fussy about the display used but when Sparky found time again to work on Unisolder a couple of months ago this was among the things he fixed.

I bought the board (5.2c) ready assembled on Tindie. I do not know if I use the latest firmware, I'll check later when I get home and let you know.

Reply #4640
I bought the board (5.2c) ready assembled on Tindie. I do not know if I use the latest firmware, I'll check later when I get home and let you know.

If it's the C revision board it is very unlikely that it's a firmware issue, because the improved firmware preceded the C revision board. But it does not hurt to check. If you are using the latest firmware I am unsure what the issue might be unfortunately. I have had no issues after the firmware was updated. What is the specific display you are using? with what controller chip does it use?

Reply #4641
@sparkybg:
Quote from: Jane on January 28, 2021, 08:00:01 pm
As I understand Unisolder controller can be used with various soldering tips/ tweezers.
I need to use it with JBC  C105, C115 tips  and  NP115-A tweezers.
Are the following  changes enough?

For  JBC C105/C115:
Outer shell (green wire), connected to EARTH
Heater negative (blue wire), connected to Vout1-
Heater positive (red wire), connected to Vout1+ and SENSEA
3.0k between ID and Vout1-
1.0k between ID and Vout2-

For JBC Microtweezers:
Outer shell of both tips (green wire) connected to EARTH
Heater 1 negative (blue wire) connected to Vout1-
Heater 1 positive (red wire) connected to Vout1+ and SENSEA
Heater 2 negative (brown wire) connected to Vout2-
Heater 2 positive (yellow wire) connected to Vout2+ and SENSEB
1.0k between ID and Vout1-

The connections are the same, but the ID resistors for C105/C115 are different and there is still no profile for nanotweezers.
I was told that C105 line was discontinued. What is resistor for  C115 line?
And is there a plan to add the profile for nanotweezer?

Reply #4642
If it's the C revision board it is very unlikely that it's a firmware issue, because the improved firmware preceded the C revision board. But it does not hurt to check. If you are using the latest firmware I am unsure what the issue might be unfortunately. I have had no issues after the firmware was updated. What is the specific display you are using? with what controller chip does it use?

This is the display i use.

Reply #4643
1. What do you mean by "power board"? Which board this is? If it is tha back boasrd of the OLED, it has nothing toi do tith the unisolder boards.
2. Try adjusting brightness a little. For example from 15 to 12. The difference from 10 to 15 is small, but may make the power supply of the OLED to stop making the noise.

Reply #4644
@sparkybg:I was told that C105 line was discontinued. What is resistor for  C115 line?
And is there a plan to add the profile for nanotweezer?

For the resistors, look here:
https://github.com/valerionew/unisolder-notes

There is a table there.

And, I've added NT115 (Nanotweezers) profile, but it is not tested. The resistors are given in the same table, and the connection might be like that on microtweezers, but I cannot tell for sure.

Reply #4645
there is still no profile for nanotweezers.
I'm confused. I thought there is one... according to the iron.c:

X

EDIT:
And, I've added NT115 (Nanotweezers) profile, but it is not tested.
Oh... okay. I see now.

The resistors are given in the same table, and the connection might be like that on microtweezers, but I cannot tell for sure.
I only did some testing with the NP105-A nanotweezers. They seem to work fine. Connections are indeed the same as with the microtweezers. Can't say for sure if it's the same with the NP115-A nanotweezers.

Reply #4647
SSD1309 should work fine, I use displays with the same controller chip. I cannot help with your issue if the FW is up to date, sorry.

The inductor/boost chip/some of the capacitors on some displayboards are noisy. Unfortunately nothing more than adjusting the display brightness can be done about this.

I had the same issue with my 0.96 display on my first assembled controller a long time ago. I tried different chips and played with some of the capacitors in order to avoid this. The noise is strongly dependant on what is displayed on the screen. Usualluy there is a capacitor in the feedback path, parallel to upper feedback resistor of the boost controller, and trying different capacities sometimnes solves the problem. On other ocasions, the inductor is somehow loose inside and it also creates noise when the power consumption changes.

Reply #4648
Iron > mosfet Q8,9,10,11 > driver U2 > Nor gates U3  > CMOS SPDT Switches U16 > PIC U5   (HEATER)
Sensor  > MOSFET  Q19 & Q22  > Op Amps  U12  > Digital Potentiometer U10 (SENSOR A & B)

Thanks for your time, My friend have removed U16 , U12 , U10 one by one, The problem still persist 511 still on display.
He Removed U2 and problem was gone, we are not sure if it is U2 or U3, I went to buy both but they are not in stock they should send within 24 hours  express.  So you was correct the problem might be on the BACK I will put an update. Regarding  Shorts to GND we checked all components all seems fine.

Reply #4649
1. What do you mean by "power board"? Which board this is? If it is tha back boasrd of the OLED, it has nothing toi do tith the unisolder boards.
2. Try adjusting brightness a little. For example from 15 to 12. The difference from 10 to 15 is small, but may make the power supply of the OLED to stop making the noise.

Sorry, i mean back board. Adjusting the brightness to 12 have no audible effect for me. Changing it down to 3 the noise becomes quieter and quieter. But on 1 I still can hear it when I get close to the back board with my ear. The latest firmware is now on it.