Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 812035 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #4575
@minkok : I installed you touch sensing board version 1.2_1 mini in the soldering stand and it does not work properly. Tip change works fine, but as soon as the temp reaches sleep temp (252 degrees) it shoots up again to 300 degrees. This repeats itself endlessly.
Misbehaving sensor
Can you Please measure the output of the sensing circuit the time of the misbehavior?

@minkok :
Also, what is the pitch of the pins you designed the board for? Its not standard 2.54 mm so i cannot use headers i currently have.
As I mentioned , it's need to be used connector with 2mm pitch - " use 25630701RP2_NorComp connector " it is not standart 2.54, but smaller

Reply #4576
Maybe there are some wrong in my circuit。I changed one front board and C210 really T is close to setT。
Sorry to sparkybg。

Reply #4577
@minkok :
Can anyone publish a Gerber file of a small DinikS style touch sensing board based on sparky's /baihui 's design? with normal pin spacing?
I prepared also baihui stile mini board with 2.54mm pitch for Case Mounting:

Reply #4579
The Unisolder panel of my encoder version is finally completed

Reply #4580
Can you Please measure the output of the sensing circuit the time of the misbehavior?
 As I mentioned , it's need to be used connector with 2mm pitch - " use 25630701RP2_NorComp connector " it is not standart 2.54, but smaller
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32691922480.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.c9831bfe9KOIag&algo_pvid=0c1fcfa0-1f36-46e2-9626-9f0c0684086f&algo_expid=0c1fcfa0-1f36-46e2-9626-9f0c0684086f-35&btsid=0b0a556816114149895257760e0bde&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Reply #4581
Some error must be in the Front Board。Backboard is ok。

Reply #4582

I only have a multimeter, no scope.. Tell me what you want me to measure on which pin.

Could you also make a version than is maybe a little bigger so that 2.54mm headers will fit, with all pins nrxt to each other?

Reply #4583
I prepared also baihui stile mini board with 2.54mm pitch for Case Mounting:

I want to try a version with the 339 design but in the DinikS style which you adapted in your mini version, but with 2.54mm spacing.. Can you make that?

Reply #4584
I only have a multimeter, no scope.. Tell me what you want me to measure on which pin.
Just connect the multimeter to Sleep pin - it should be 0V all the time the handle is in the the holder, Diode in front does not let it go high for that time.
Could you also make a version than is maybe a little bigger so that 2.54mm headers will fit, with all pins nrxt to each other?
yes I could, but what about the link I gave you from Ali

Reply #4585
Just connect the multimeter to Sleep pin - it should be 0V all the time the handle is in the the holder, Diode in front does not let it go high for that time.yes I could, but what about the link I gave you from Ali

It stays on rougly 2mv until it reaches the holder temp, then it shoots up to between 1 and 1,5 volts ( I have a crap multimeter that refreshes very slowly so it does not catch the exact voltage over such a short time)

I really hate those small pitch headers and I would like to keep using 2.54mm ones. But first priority is to troubleshoot this board. If i get it to work i will just keep using this one and I will buy the headers in your link

The good thing os that the sensor does not react to hand touch of the plates anymore.That was the reason to switch from the diniks version.. But as it is now it is not usable.

One thing i should mention: I am using BSS138P instead of BSS138, could that be an issue?

Reply #4586
It stays on rougly 2mv until it reaches the holder temp, then it shoots up to between 1 and 1,5 volts ( I have a crap multimeter that refreshes very slowly so it does not catch the exact voltage over such a short time)
Can you first check voltage at 3pin to deside if we can replace C4 with 1uF or the other value

Reply #4587
Can you first check voltage at 3pin to deside if we can replace C4 with 1uF or the other value

Will do, but I only have 0.001, 0.01 2.2 and 10 uf ceramic caps.. I will order 1uf, what other values do you advise to buy if 1uf is not correct?

Reply #4589
Will do, but I only have 0.001, 0.01 2.2 and 10 uf ceramic caps.. I will order 1uf, what other values do you advise to buy if 1uf is not correct?
do not change or order any, just check voltage at pin3 the same way as before