Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 739108 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #3587
ZD4 Measured 1.3

Good advice to you, buy the assembled boards, or order new PCB and transfer all parts.
Before installing the parts, cover by all tracks with solder.

Reply #3588
It's not a good advice by any stretch of imagination. Double spend vs a lot of pointless work. He didn't even tried to find the fault yet. And you're biased in case of the first 'advice'.

Reply #3590
I mean he put a very little effort in debugging still and this should be an easy power thing. And you advised to spend $100 on top of already spent $80 or so and throw those $100 in the bin.

I would follow the power path, starting from AC voltage after the fuse. May be measure voltage drop around R9, check R47, R51 divider resistance. The problem with incorrect zeners was already discussed and solved here.

Reply #3591
Soon to be released.

- added header for rotary encoder
- removed Ra-Rg and everything else not used for OLED
- better power supply and ground routing for display (2.5 inch displays should not have this big impact on noise, unless it is RFI)
- added protection and filtering on ID pin.
- added support for multi mode holders/tip changers (holder input is connected to ADC)
- a bit better room temperature sensor routing (thin traces, no GNG plane around sensor)
- added test points for input signal after the SENSEA/SENSEB amplifiers

Reply #3592
It looks I am not the only one testing hard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNVvzIYIsOo

So when you blame the transistors not holding C245 - think again. Mostly think where you've got your transistors from, and forget about buying anything more from there.

Reply #3593

- added support for multi mode holders/tip changers (holder input is connected to ADC)

That update I expected 3 years ago ! ! !
Anyway, good solution for multi holdes, but how are you going to solve dirty tip problem ( impact resistance ) with your ADC method?

Reply #3594
Hi, sparky

UniSolder52B_Front,  D22 - BAV199?

Reply #3595
That update I expected 3 years ago ! ! !
Anyway, good solution for multi holdes, but how are you going to solve dirty tip problem ( impact resistance ) with your ADC method?

Dirty tip problem is a problem that sensor constructor will have to handle. The controller only reads the HOLDER signal - if it is tied to 1.65V, then the instrument is in "tip-change" holder, and if it is tied to 0V, then the instrument is in plain old holder.

Hi, sparky

UniSolder52B_Front,  D22 - BAV199?

Yes. What is the problem with BAV199? It is cheap and all major sellers (Farnell, Mouser, Digikey, TME, Arrow) have it in stock.

Reply #3596
...and when using encoder, from time to time the bootloader will turn on (depends on encoder's position). Soon the bootloader will be updated for this not to happen.

Reply #3598
Yes. One more BAV199, one more 1.8k resistor, one more 100n capacitor, one more 5 pin header, one more 10u capacitor.

Reply #3599
...and when using encoder, from time to time the bootloader will turn on (depends on encoder's position). Soon the bootloader will be updated for this not to happen.
I am very happy to hear that you are about to update the bootloader. When you update the bootloader, if it is convenient, please adjust the spi rate in the bootloader to 6 as well, otherwise there will be problems with some screens.