Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 773923 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #3390
@sparkybg  Are there any additional features that you were thinking of adding?

Maybe to add option for room temperature override.  The sensor for room temperature is on the front PCB, and on many calibration videos it shows 35C and more, which is not correct, and this means, for example, if room temperature is 25C, and sensor reads 35C, then a thermocouple iron without sensor in handle, will be 10C colder than reading.

Maybe many users do not realize the placement of this sensor - in my enclosures it is in such position that:
1. It is not warmed significantly from transformer or anything else
2. It is more or less close to inlet air port on my enclosures, so there is air current close to it, bringing fresh air with room temperature inside the enclosure. This is because the rear panel has ventilation ports on upper end - the air comes from the lower part of the front, the transformer and back PCB warms it, an it exits through the upper ports on the back plate.

Reply #3391
That's great to hear! Glad to hear we can compile using the free -O1 optimization. Maybe we could integrate the XC32 compiler into the github actions to reduce your overhead when publishing the binaries.

Also the bootloader works fine with the larger program size?

Reply #3393
There is always some voltage difference (and noise) between GND and tip's outer shell when the power is turnes on and off, especially on 1/2 ans 1/4 power, and no firmware can prevent this. This is exactly why I made and using optical holder sensor - no galvanic connection, no problem.
This morning  even with FX8801 I have a trouble ( no instrument ) and after its reconnecting, it started to work as expected.
Hm... , the problem arises and it is not defenetely from contact sensing nor from firmware, it is related only to my unisolder hardware. Work in progres.
This is exactly why I made and using optical holder sensor - no galvanic connection, no problem.
By the way, it sounds like " No head, no headache "

Reply #3394
This morning  even with FX8801 I have a trouble ( no instrument ) and after its reconnecting, it started to work as expected.
Hm... , the problem arises and it is not defenetely from contact sensing nor from firmware, it is related only to my unisolder hardware.
look here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/18imdsfyb1wwlch/With%20FX8801.3gp?dl=0

Reply #3396
That's great to hear! Glad to hear we can compile using the free -O1 optimization. Maybe we could integrate the XC32 compiler into the github actions to reduce your overhead when publishing the binaries.

Also the bootloader works fine with the larger program size?

Bootloader knows the capacity of the FLASH on MCU from a readonly register in PIC32 for this. So it works on any PIC32MX5/6/7 with USB on it.

Reply #3398
Just of curiosity - is there schematics of touch sensor board somewhere?

Reply #3400
No, I have one assembled from Тindie. I just need schematic.

Схема не нашел. Хочу заглянуть как он работает.

Reply #3402
Hmm... my board has 1 diode, 4 capacitors, 1 transistor and 2 resistors.

...and why the transistors? You can use 2 leftover gates in the 4001 IC for the same thing.

Reply #3404
I recommend 74LVC1G02 over HEF4001B. I have tied tip changer and holder together but if you prefer separate you can use 2