Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 737151 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #3135
So from largest diameter to smallest diameter we have:

1) Heater -/ Thermocouple- (GREEN)
2) Heater +                           (BLUE)
3) Thermocouple +              (RED)

Is this accurate?

Thank you very much for the connector pinout!

Matt

Reply #3137
No,

Shell (Green) -> Thermocouple B
Sleeve (Blue) -> Heater +
Core (Red) -> Thermocouple A and Heater -

Hmmm, this video and some other diagrams I have seen online seem to indicate that the correct pinout is:

Outer/Green: Heater-/TC-
Middle/Blue: Heater +
Inner/Red: TC+

VIDEO: https://youtu.be/UvH49nzpJts?t=72

I may just wait till my cartridge arrives and measure for myself. I don't know why there is so much conflicting information about this...

Reply #3138
Greatscott didn't check the core to sleeve resistance (also 0R), otherwise he might have realized he is actually passing current through the TC junction.

I've attached a cutaway of a 245 cartridge that should make things clear.

Also here is the connection direections from sparkybg:

3. JBC C245:
 - Outer shell (green wire) connected to (mains)EARTH and SENSEB
 - Heater positive(red wire) connected to Vout1- and SENSEA
 - Heater negative(blue wire) connected to Vout1+
 - 150ohm between ID and Vout1-
 - 5.6k between ID and Vout2-

Reply #3139
Hello folks, someone has come across something like this when you connect a transformer with two windings of 24 in parallel to the solder, then we get an interesting picture when we see that the heating starts normally and it immediately goes into hibernation and it seems that the soldering iron remained on the stand although it was removed from there  and when connected to one winding, everything works like a clock

Reply #3140
Did you tried connecting to either winding? May be one has some leakage or whatnot. Did you tried with holder sensor disconnected?
If the windings of the transformer are perfectly matched (i.e. winded synchronously with N wires) there should be no difference at all, beside increased current capability.

Reply #3141
I tried it at two different stations with different transformers and all of them have the same thing - the power increases when heating starts, it is visible and immediately goes to sleep, both transformers have factory windings and a very small divergence in the parameters

Reply #3142
Hello folks, someone has come across something like this when you connect a transformer with two windings of 24 in parallel to the solder, then we get an interesting picture when we see that the heating starts normally and it immediately goes into hibernation and it seems that the soldering iron remained on the stand although it was removed from there  and when connected to one winding, everything works like a clock
If it is from contact sensing add 200k in serial to the input and make better 3.3v filtering at the sensor board.

Reply #3143
I want to show the last sch. from contact sensing board, 50Hz rejected, count R8=10 Ohm drain connected as it is on the board ley out.

Reply #3144
If it is from contact sensing add 200k in serial to the input and make better 3.3v filtering at the sensor board.
You can try to add in serial also Schottky diode (DinikS solution) extra to 200k resistor,  to the input, if don't have upgraded version of the board,  partially to decrease sensitivity for that behavior.

Reply #3145
Does anyone know the range of voltages that the thermocouple of the JBC C245 produces? Thanks!

Reply #3147
The new Diodes arrived and the C245 now works perfectly.
The C210 on the other hand, senses a temperature wich is way too low, and therefore heating the tip until its dead.

Any idea why thos could be? I wire everything up according to the first page of this post

Reply #3149
Checked the pinout, everything is wired up right.
Maybe the colorcode is wrong (Its a chinese clone T210)

I meassured the resistance between the outershell and the wires:
Shell - blue 3.5Ohm
Shell - red 1,9Ohm
Shell - green 1.9Ohm