Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 707097 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #2715
Deleted

Reply #2716
I suggest adding a couple of functions from a very good and worthy station from Goot to the unisolder - the RX802AS is only a couple of functions that can solve a lot of problems and disputes about sleeping in an unisolder.  1 - monitoring the operation of the station and going to sleep according to the state of the heating element or, more precisely, taking the temperature from it, the station goes into sleep if the time set in the menu is not soldered, and the station goes into step sleep from which it leaves after a light touch on the cleaning sponge.  2- after changing the tips, the temperature is applied only after pressing one of the menu keys on the station 3. also add a handle from this RX80GAS station, it’s very convenient to change the tips, they are no worse and possibly better than jbc and also they are not very expensive relative to the number of varieties of connected soldering irons  also not small and I think this part is very worthy of being added to such a good station as an unisolder.

Reply #2717
they are no worse and possibly better than jbc and also they are not very expensive relative to the number of varieties of connected soldering irons  also not small and I think this part is very worthy of being added to such a good station as an unisolder.

Reply #2718
light touch on the cleaning sponge.
1. It's almost impossible to reliably implement such a feature in the universal controller with dozen different tools supported. Sparky already pointed it out.
2. Sounds reasonable, but you certainly don't pull a hot cartridge with bare hands.
3. It's comparable to the T12. 80W vs 140W of T245. Anyway, the more supported tools the better.

Reply #2719
1. It's almost impossible to reliably implement such a feature in the universal controller with dozen different tools supported. Sparky already pointed it out.
2. Sounds reasonable, but you certainly don't pull a hot cartridge with bare hands.
3. It's comparable to the T12. 80W vs 140W of T245. Anyway, the more supported tools the better.

Point 2 means when you inserted a cold soldering iron, the station will not turn on the tip until you press the button on the station itself, which will protect you from burns after connecting. point 1, I think nothing is impossible, because right now many more people are working on this project than just one of its inventors. point 3 I would argue with JBC how I worked with this machine and what you feel is soldering in a few moments the huge relatively sting copper bus in the welding machine or doing all kinds of operations with ease that cannot be done by very powerful soldering irons which you can solder pots you get the feeling that it has at least 200 watts, and I think the whole Vienna is that patented technology for maintaining temperature and by the way it resembles technology JBC

Reply #2721
which will protect you from burns after connecting.
I mean if you've got to trouble getting silicone mat or using mechanical change fixture, why insert another cartridge with bare hands? )
Making tip usage sensing is surely possible, impossible to make it work reliably. A lot of testing with various tools and tips should be involved, to much of a trouble for a non critical function.

Reply #2722
Most of the function of a Goot stations are based of the fact, that they don't have stand sense  hardware. That's the gymnastics they do with the firmware.
All that if it could be said extras just make the firmware heavy and a bit inconvenient to the user - to preset the time delays instead of fast reaction of the sensor when you need. Do not forget, it is designed for a use not for a menu playing.
My opinion, JBS are the best solutions, keep close to them.

Reply #2723
I mean if you've got to trouble getting silicone mat or using mechanical change fixture, why insert another cartridge with bare hands? )
Making tip usage sensing is surely possible, impossible to make it work reliably. A lot of testing with various tools and tips should be involved, to much of a trouble for a non critical function.

I had this feature implemented like 12 years ago, it was that stable that after a month of playing with it I deleted the code, thus if someone wants this "feature" they will have to do it themselves.

Reply #2724
The question is to those who know whether it is possible to implement such a function as automatic recognition of the heater tip.  The question is that for jbc it’s simple, I can set the tip power and all the factors in each pen, but the goot pen uses both 80 and 36 watt tips and how to make sure that one pen for different stings is in order not to buy a second  pen and don't breed chaos with their number

Reply #2725
Perhaps, 80W and 36W cartridges just has different resistance.

Reply #2726
Allright, Iwanuska worked his magic once more :)

Here's the latest firmware version, let's call it the "Easter Edition". This one has an added menu for the "resume from deep sleep" option:

1) OFF: Resume from deep sleep by power cycle only
2) KEY: Resume from deep sleep by menu button long press only
3) AUTO: Resume from deep sleep by taking iron from stand only

Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1q5LqtigQH5kIK-gbxfwhOodKX0396wtb

Reply #2727
Does anyone have a horizontal shift solution for large displays?

Reply #2728
Every new firmware version with bootloader doesn't seem to work for me for some reason (my UniSolder doesn't do anything at all after programming them). The standalone versions work fine though. Any ideas what could cause that?

Reply #2729
Every new firmware version with bootloader doesn't seem to work for me for some reason (my UniSolder doesn't do anything at all after programming them). The standalone versions work fine though. Any ideas what could cause that?

I use Linux, so no idea but most likely badly implemented bootloader. Will look at it when I have free time