Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 727259 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #2580
Hello fero,
sparkybg already defined that WMRT tool in iron.c, what I can see, he choose  680 Ohm ID R between Vout1- and ID to define the tool, but both sleeves and heaters's (-) are connected together - both Vout1-/2- will be shorted, doesn't matter, if you will separate the connections between the sleeves.
In that case:
1. identifying the tool will be correct
2. temperature readings will be correct
3.  feeding of the fets is also correct
the three points will work together if there is firmware support for that tool ( sparkybg already cut some traces for that support ),
but he did not make pins configuration. 
Weller WMRT
-Outer shell of both tips (p3- J1) connected to EARTH, Vout1-, Vout2-, TC1-, TC2-
-Heater 1 positive (red1,p1- J1) connected to Vout1+
- Heater 2 positive (red2, p5-J1) connected to Vout2+
- TC1 positive (white1,p2-J1) connected to SENSEA
- TC1 positive (white2,p4-J1) connected to SENSEB
- 680 Ohm between ID and Vout1-
I want to ask someone to check my suggestions and to discus them

Reply #2581
Thanky you  very much minkok!
How did you read out all this Information  from iron.c ? Wow
Can anyone comfirm  it?
Do i need any Update or modification?
Best regards   

Reply #2583
my station  looks different, maybe its already modified?

Reply #2584
my station  looks different, maybe its already modified?
in my opinion sparkybg do not trust to 3th button 3.3V power rail and that is the modification for.
Your board is not an exception.

Reply #2585
Hi,

First thank you  Sparkybg for creating this project and all who helped.

I try to read all, sorry if I miss it. It’s there anyone that sell in EU entire kit with components and PCBs or at least someone who can spare most of parts?

Reply #2586
Добрый день, в ЕС не знаю. Есть в России, видел подобное объявление https://www.avito.ru/tabuny/remont_i_stroitelstvo/nabor_detaley_dlya_sborki_payalnoy_stantsii_1847013767?utm_campaign=native&utm_medium=item_page_android&utm_source=soc_sharing. Там комплекты продают но не которые позиции компонентов отсутствуют. Цена паяльной станции готовой заявлена 28300 рублей с паяльником и подставкой. Наборы плат с компонентами от 3000 до 4000 рублей. По интересуйтесь может у него есть что вас интересует. Удачи. Всех с наступающим новым годом!

Reply #2587
Hi and happy 2020 everyone,

I'm just wondering what is the difference between this solder and likes of TS100/TS80 that have much smaller footprint? Also, is there a soldering iron board that can output more than 6amp? I'm wondering what is the most powerful modern/digital temperature-controller soldering iron in terms of voltage/amp/wattage.

Thank you very much!

P.S. I am an absolute newbie on electronics... please be kind and patient!

Reply #2588
Hi All,
First of all, thanks to sparkybg and all who have contributed for this great project!
I have finally soldered the PCBs and I'm now ready to assemble and program.
I do have one question: does the PCB have to be powered to flash the bootloader or is it powered by the PicKit?
Thanks!

Reply #2589
No, it will be powered from pickit3 only. Only front board need to be connected while programming.

Reply #2590
No, it will be powered from pickit3 only. Only front board need to be connected while programming.
Thanks!
I'm reading up a little on the programming procedure, and then I'll get to it. I don't want to kill the PIC doing the wrong thing...

Reply #2591
Can Unisolder drive Metcal tips?
Also can it handle 250 watt?

Reply #2593
whether it supports two channels at the same time ? ? ?
like 2 x T470-A JBC  ? ? ?

and where do I find the case material

Reply #2594
Does not support T470 tips at all ( as far as I know these requires 40V to drive at max power, this stations delivers 24V and 6A max ).   It supports JBC tweezers or if you like 2 handles at the same, but only if you want the same temperature for both.