Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 717797 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #2565
really great project and i learn a lot here.

Reply #2566
Hi at all :D
Great to see that this project is allive!
Does anyone have  Information  how to connect weller  wmrt tweezer  to this station?
Pinout and resistors ... Thank
Best regards

Reply #2567
Hi at all :D
Great to see that this project is allive!
Does anyone have  Information  how to connect weller  wmrt tweezer  to this station?
Best regards
  I think it’s no harder than jbc micro tweezers, heat a little with a lighter and measure at which contacts the resistance changes there and there will be your thermistor, and then by analogy with jbc a completely identical circuit.  100% not sure, but something like this is being built

Reply #2568
  I think it’s no harder than jbc micro tweezers, heat a little with a lighter and measure at which contacts the resistance changes there and there will be your thermistor, and then by analogy with jbc a completely identical circuit.  100% not sure, but something like this is being built
  yes you are right... but the profile for wmrt is inside  the Station  so i have to find which resistor to which line. Than Station  will accept the tweezer. I think in programm Code  is a list of  resistors to identify the irons or not?

Reply #2569
What  i found:

Reply #2570
Best regards
You have 2 options:
1. to connect it like WELLER WSP80 with the same ID resistor ( to connect both heaters in parallel and use only the first TC - if you are lucky and the sensors are the same you can pass only with that ). I don't have that tweezers for more detailed help.
2. to separate completely both heaters, add 1 ID resistor - for a resistor you can use 1,5k  ( between ID and Vout1- ) see attached table - details at 25th  line, add new tool and its details in firmware
for a detailed connection we can speak later.

Reply #2572
  yes you are right... but the profile for wmrt is inside  the Station  so i have to find which resistor to which line. Than Station  will accept the tweezer. I think in programm Code  is a list of  resistors to identify the irons or not?
There is another option, but for this you need to know exactly what exactly your tweezers, a resistor or a thermocouple is controlled for, if it is identical to jbc, then I would connect it as jbc and would not be afraid to burn because I often carry out such experiments and there were no problems while all the tools work

Reply #2573
There is another option, but for this you need to know exactly what exactly your tweezers, a resistor or a thermocouple is controlled for, if it is identical to jbc, then I would connect it as jbc and would not be afraid to burn because I often carry out such experiments and there were no problems while all the tools work
  yes that  is my fear. To burn/damage the tweezer.  They  are not cheap.

Reply #2574
There is another option, but for this you need to know exactly what exactly your tweezers, a resistor or a thermocouple is controlled for, if it is identical to jbc,
you can read the schematic - sensor is R-TC (KTY82-100, 1k cold) resistive.
And  is not like JBC , it it most likely the same or similar to WSP80.
Cartridge is 40W, both 80W  and no so easy to burn it, if you pay attention, just start with 150 C' and connect the other thermometer to the tip. but leave this for later, first you need to choose one of the options and start.

Reply #2575
Sorry - mistake - busy head - that is cold junction compensation,
 Just ignore the previous message.

You can measure the resistance - if is around 0 - thermocouple - when heated generate mV
if it has some resistant when heated check for changes.

Reply #2576

You can measure the resistance - if is around 0 - thermocouple - when heated generate mV

Now i am confuse😶

Reply #2577

You can measure the resistance of the sensor - if is around 0 - thermocouple - when heated generate mV

Or simply ask the weller support for the type of the sensor.

Reply #2578

You can measure the resistance of the sensor - if is around 0 - thermocouple - when heated generate mV

Or simply ask the weller support for the type of the sensor.
The type is between  c and d.
Does  it help?