Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 663878 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #2490
[quote author="lovethesmellofrosin"]Hello everyone...

I've been watching this forum for a while, as I geared up to start my build. Does anyone have any info regarding PCBs that are currently available? The eBay link that I've found no longer has them "in stock", but I'm not sure if that means they will no longer have any at all, or it's just for the time being. I've sent a message to ask, and am awaiting the reply. In case the seller will no longer have any to sell, does anyone know a good option, other than having them fabbed myself?

Thanks![/quote]

Got mine from Tindie but its out of stock now, was out of stock when i wanted to order as well, but got stocked eventually.
Could use jlpcb to make it, although you would end up with 10 of them :)

Reply #2491
deleted, I was mistaken.

Reply #2492
[quote author="lovethesmellofrosin"]Hello everyone...

I've been watching this forum for a while, as I geared up to start my build. Does anyone have any info regarding PCBs that are currently available? The eBay link that I've found no longer has them "in stock", but I'm not sure if that means they will no longer have any at all, or it's just for the time being. I've sent a message to ask, and am awaiting the reply. In case the seller will no longer have any to sell, does anyone know a good option, other than having them fabbed myself?

Thanks![/quote]

I have a couple of PCBs left. If you're in Europe, PM me your address and I'll send a set your way. If you're outside of Europe, I'd have to check the postage rates, but I'm sure we could figure something out.

Reply #2493
[quote author="cctv"]If you try really hard, unisolder can fit in a Hakko 936 enclosure.

Some of the plastic standoffs need to be cut away, there's no room for an IEC connector, and some of the big capacitors need to be moved out of the way, but this set up works really well![/quote]

Nice!!! What about the toroid?))

Reply #2494
anyone know where I can find any PCBs? may end up just ordering multiple

Reply #2495
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum, but not to electronics. I have assembled and successfully  programmed 2 UniSolders 5.2 units.
Unfortunately I am stuck at calibration. Both units that I have assembled show the same symptoms (see attached video). I have checked voltages on some crucial components. No current through 10 Ohm calibration resistor. U14 voltage OK. U12(pin 3) voltage 2.7V (OK), but Q22 gate 2.4V and Q22 source 2.71V. It seams that Q22 is OFF. Also there is one important thing about calibration that I didn't able to find on forum and that is whether touch sensor (SLEEP function) for handle should be connected to the unit or not during calibration.
I could replace some components, but I am not so sure that it would solve this problem.
If anyone have a clue what could be the problem, I would appreciate any information or hint.

Reply #2496
If you have 0.6V difference across 1.6k resistor, you'd get 375uA of current through it, and this is exactly the current that should flow through it in the calibration mode with 128 setting.
Since you're getting something on the ADC input, maybe there is some joint floating in the breeze.
Any sensor doesn't affect the calibration, since 10 Ohm resistor is the only thing that should be connected to the tool connector during calibration procedure.

Reply #2497
I have found what was wrong. So stupid and rare event. R31 and R39 were marked as 100Ohm resistors, but real resistance was 100KOhms. I managed to backtrack origin of these resistors and realize that they were bought in local store very cheaply.
Now I know why they were so cheap. The measured voltage and calculated one didn't match, so I measured resistance of both resistors in the line (1.5Kohms and 100Ohms). Whole batch that I bought was with wrong markings.

Reply #2498
Does someone know if i can still use jbc t245 handle if i make the PCB modifications for Weller WMRT tweezers?

Reply #2499
I really want to ask the developer of this miracle of soldering technologies about the possibility of adding a pen with tips to the nano type, they are only for two contacts, but the convenience of working with these nano tips is just a dream of any master

Reply #2500
I really want to ask the developer of this miracle of soldering technologies about the possibility of adding a pen with tips to the nano type, they are only for two contacts, but the convenience of working with these nano tips is just a dream of any master

Unfortunately Sparky has not responded to this topic for about a year now, likely due to lack of time, or because people are now making a business out of selling unisolder boards against his express request. So development of the software is dead, unless someone else has the expertise and interest to continue.

Reply #2501

Hi, are you talking about JBC nano tweezers? This one is in my todo list, but at the moment Im too busy, and don't have nano tools, which are damn expensive, sometime when I have time and money to get nano I will add support for it

Reply #2502
Hi, are you talking about JBC nano tweezers? This one is in my todo list, but at the moment Im too busy, and don't have nano tools, which are damn expensive, sometime when I have time and money to get nano I will add support for it

If you would manage that would be absolutely great!

Reply #2503
If you would manage that would be absolutely great!

I need nano tweezers myself so I will implement it either way, main obstacles right now time and money for tweezers they cost an arm and a leg.

Reply #2504
Unfortunately Sparky has not responded to this topic for about a year now, likely due to lack of time, or because people are now making a business out of selling unisolder boards against his express request.

What I've seen (in term of pricing for those PCBs) is not a good business, or they sell below cost))).

Sparky reads this forum and I think he will return at some point.