Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 811271 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #5325
LOL @vulkan35.

I am thinking of unsubscribing since I cannot read without saying anything :o 

>>>>Enlarging non-existent problems is incorrect!
Go tell that to the ppl we help here for the past 6 months with this 511 where were you besides doing profit selling Unisolder hundreds of sets on tindie.
1st Case reported of 511 goes back to January 2021 -- board bought from tindie.

I am happy to see you here facing this problem, help your customers and maybe solve it once for all, thanks.
Sorry, I have not followed the forum. The problem of 511 has only been known these days! I don't make a living mainly by selling unisolder. This is a personal hobby. As for profit, it is very transparent. I earned a small amount of manual fees, and I have other work to do!

Reply #5326
I may put a test for the reference in the firmware one day. It is not that hard.

Reply #5327
I do not want your refund for U6 it cost only few pennys, if you tell me that it is faulty I can replace that, on my board U6 is fine. You already have all my info, I bought this board because SparkyBg said it is good and it gave him results as his board. If I knew that I am going to have all this hassle you think I would buy it? Please reply to the emails I have sent  if you cannot send me a New Working Board just do not reply and waste more of my time with SORRY, I already said your sorry is not accepted.

Reply #5328
I do not want your refund for U6 it cost only few pennys, if you tell me that it is faulty I can replace that, on my board U6 is fine. You already have all my info, I bought this board because SparkyBg said it is good and it gave him results as his board. If I knew that I am going to have all this hassle you think I would buy it? Please reply to the emails I have sent  if you cannot send me a New Working Board just do not reply and waste more of my time with SORRY, I already said your sorry is not accepted.

I hope you can believe me, I can definitely find the problem accurately, just replace the u6 chip

Reply #5329
Ok, I will add U6 and should have it in couple days and will report back.

Reply #5330
Can i use for U6: REF3130AIDBZT ?
I can't find any unit (REF3030) on EU :(

Reply #5333
I can't find any unit (REF3030) on EU :(

REF3130 looks to be a better specced equivalent to REF3030 (20ppm vs 75ppm max temp coefficient), so it should be fine to use.

Reply #5334
REF3130 looks to be a better specced equivalent to REF3030 (20ppm vs 75ppm max temp coefficient), so it should be fine to use.

Thanks! I ordered, I will inform tomorrow if it works.

Reply #5335
Is probably U6 On IN i have 3.2V and on OUT i have 3.2V ...

On C210 SENSEA i have 1.1V @sparkybg you think when i replace U6 that should be fine?

I told you it is U6

Reply #5337
Thanks, i will measure to be sure and no replacement all IC :)
@sparkybg I have a question regarding the firmware. My friend chaolun has notice that the ID recognition for JBC 245 is not that accurate (for example it shows 1805 normally but randomly changes to 1905 or 1806 etc.) He dig into the code and found something interesting. I was wondering when @sparkybg is calculating IDHash[25], did you use 3.3v (instead of 3.0v from REF3030) as your reference voltage? I discussed with chaolun and Catear but I did not have an answer to whether this is intentional or you used wrong reference voltage?

Code is here

for(i = 0; i <= 24; i++)if(w < IDHash)break;
CID.v[0] = i;

Below is the example of pseudo code
Suppose R=150ohm, ADC readout “w” = 1024*3.3*150/((1000+150)*3.0) = 146.92.
int w = 146.
for i = 5, w<IDHash[5]143 == false; continue;
for i = 6, w=146<IDHash[6]161 == true; break;
CID.v[0] = i; ,which is 6.

Reply #5338
@sparkybg I have a question regarding the firmware. My friend chaolun has notice that the ID recognition for JBC 245 is not that accurate (for example it shows 1805 normally but randomly changes to 1905 or 1806 etc.) He dig into the code and found something interesting. I was wondering when @sparkybg is calculating IDHash[25], did you use 3.3v (instead of 3.0v from REF3030) as your reference voltage? I discussed with chaolun and Catear but I did not have an answer to whether this is intentional or you used wrong reference voltage?

Code is here

for(i = 0; i <= 24; i++)if(w < IDHash)break;
CID.v[0] = i;

Below is the example of pseudo code
Suppose R=150ohm, ADC readout “w” = 1024*3.3*150/((1000+150)*3.0) = 146.92.
int w = 146.
for i = 5, w<IDHash[5]143 == false; continue;
for i = 6, w=146<IDHash[6]161 == true; break;
CID.v[0] = i; ,which is 6.

Reply #5339
mcuADCRefVdd(); just above would answer your question. )
Also, actual ADC readings should be in the middle of IDhash ranges.