Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 760374 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #3690
I like green and yellow for clarity, but white looks sexy :) for my own projects I still use green though.

Reply #3693
del...

Reply #3694
Hello, do you plan to update the connecting device between the two boards, 5567 is a bit big and takes up space, it should be better if it can be updated to XH2.54

Moreover - the power connectors between front and back boards will be 6pin instead of 4. The display power will have completely separate wires from back to display.

Reply #3695
Any difference after the last version?

Sorry for comming back to you so late.
Just downloaded the latest version and tested it. Made no difference. Still high flactuation in temperature

Reply #3696
Just downloaded the latest version and tested it. Made no difference. Still high flactuation in temperature

make a video what are readings in the calibration menu with a connected resistor 10R.

Reply #3697
His calibration is OK. I have no explanation why the peaks are so strong.
As I said, the peaks are like these on my station when 210 is on full power. On 1/4 they are much smaller. This was the reason I made 1/2 and 1/4 power options.

Reply #3698
The display shows C210 and the scale at the bottom peaks at 40W.
Maybe its not really using 1/4 Power and just shows it?

Im in the process of building a 2nd Unisolder, maybe problem is fixed there. But this will take quite some time untill its finished, and im using the exact same parts as for the one im using right now.

Reply #3700
Maybe its not really using 1/4 Power and just shows it?

If it shows ACQ or ACH, then it uses it. There is no way to show it and not use it.

Make a photo of "INST.INFO" menu while C210 is connected please.

The peaks can be a result of two things:
1. Too high power (but I don't see where it can come from)
2. Loose power connectors, too thin power wires, bad contact in the handle. This way the bad contact or wire itself acts as a thermo-couple and penetrates the result.

Reply #3701
For "tip change" function:
1. MCU pin 54 (OLED D/C) must be connected to MCU pin 53 - this is how MCU detects new function
2. MCU pin 8 (NAP) must be connected to MCU pin 28 - this routes the SLEEP signal to one of the available ADC inputs
Probably another stupid question by me:
Is it really just a matter of connecting the according pins of the PIC32MX564F128H with each other in order to support the "tip change" function with future firmware revisions on the old front pcb?

I'm just asking because pin 53 is labled LEDf/GND according to the schematics...

Reply #3702
LEDf was for LED indicator. When OLED display is used, U9 is not installed and this pin is not connected to anything, to it is free to use.

You must also connect pin 8 to pin 28 on old revision PCBs. This connects the sleep signal to ADC channel

The firmware still does not support this. I will make it support it after I finish 4-layer PCB redesign, which may take some time.

Reply #3703
I did connect pin 53 with 54 and i did connect pin 8 with 28 too (to be prepared for the next firmware). But now i get this scrambled display output:

X

Reply #3704
Hi, Sparky

Unstable firmware release 2020.05
1. does not work - Displays "HOT" when in stand-by and iron temperature is > 60 C.
2. periodically some settings are reset.