Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 759969 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #3675
Wow, much better than before! ;)
Is it suitable to replace mosfet with SUD50P06? It has only 0.015ohm Rds(on) and much easier to buy....
MOSFETs must be at least 80V. This is discussed several times already.

Reply #3676
I use them for a years and I did not find a big difference from origin one for a common use.

Yes, for normal use there is not any problems with SUD50P10. With normal work, the heat exchange can never be as high as when the tip is submerged in water, no matter what tip is used.

But the new revision will be with DPAK SMD diodes, and SMC TVS, and SMD fuse holder anyway. This way a heat sink can be mounted on the back just by 2-sided thermal tape, and will cool down both the diodes and MOSFETs.

Reply #3677
Do you have plans on testing the temperature of STD40P8F6AGs too? Just asking because STMicroelectronics sells 'em themselves and even offers an option to order a small number of parts as a free sample for hardware developers  ;) ...

Reply #3678
Hello, do you plan to update the connecting device between the two boards, 5567 is a bit big and takes up space, it should be better if it can be updated to XH2.54

Reply #3679
MOSFETs must be at least 80V. This is discussed several times already.
Oh, Thanks...It’s a little awkward...I did‘t review the threads before. :P
I have another question for you. The back board(power) and OLED board will still be 2-layers ?
It may bring some problems when you want to order the 3in1 array, because they have both 2-layers and 4-layers so that we can't mix them up, or it means we won't have 3in1 array anymore... :D
Sometimes 3in1 array are much cheaper than separated boards. :-[

Reply #3680
I think at jlcpcb it actually.works out cheaper to order the separate pcb's because of their 10x10cm limit at a certain price

Reply #3681
Do you have plans on testing the temperature of STD40P8F6AGs too? Just asking because STMicroelectronics sells 'em themselves and even offers an option to order a small number of parts as a free sample for hardware developers  ;) ...

For some unknown reason I was unable to order these from Farnell. They will be OK for sure - the lower the resistance, the better, but the difference between 0.022 and 0.018 is not too much anyway. It will bring the temperature down by additional 3-4 degrees.

Reply #3682
Oh, Thanks...It’s a little awkward...I did‘t review the threads before. :P
I have another question for you. The back board(power) and OLED board will still be 2-layers ?
It may bring some problems when you want to order the 3in1 array, because they have both 2-layers and 4-layers so that we can't mix them up, or it means we won't have 3in1 array anymore... :D
Sometimes 3in1 array are much cheaper than separated boards. :-[

There will be "B" 2-layer revision and "C" 4-layer revision. For all PCBs. The schematic differences will be minimal.

Reply #3683
There will be "B" 2-layer revision and "C" 4-layer revision. For all PCBs. The schematic differences will be minimal.
Wow, it‘s so considerate of you! :))  Anyway, thank a lot!

Reply #3684
Hello, do you plan to update the connecting device between the two boards, 5567 is a bit big and takes up space, it should be better if it can be updated to XH2.54

The connectors stays the same. Forget about xh2.54 - it can bring to madness anyone, trying to crimp it. Some time ago the strip cable was with these connectors - I will definitely not make this mistake again!

And it has much larger contact resistance and we are amplifying micro volts here.

Reply #3685
I think at jlcpcb it actually.works out cheaper to order the separate pcb's because of their 10x10cm limit at a certain price
JLC has only 5x5 limitation for 4-layers at starting price ;D
So..they are not REALLY cheap as well as 2-layers ::)

Reply #3686
ideal option for connecting boards as a "sandwich" with collet connectors.

Reply #3687
Can I ask a question? Why are you people ordering black, white and other color pcb's without any transparency? It is PAIN IN THE ASS to debug such board if any modifications are needed.

Reply #3688
yellow mask is suitable for debugging.

X

Reply #3689
Can I ask a question? Why are you people ordering black, white and other color pcb's without any transparency? It is PAIN IN THE ASS to debug such board if any modifications are needed.
Just because they looks like more beautiful and superior...
So,it’s not only a solder but also a work of art. : )