Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 762220 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #3660
This won't happen any time soon. I already wrote about my reasons. If someone wants to make a major changes/redesigns - the schematics are public, it is a day work to rewrite them in any PCB CAD and a week or so to make completely new PCB out of them. In fact a guy back in the thread did this, as far as I remember.
Hello, I would like to make a suggestion, since the pcb has been redisled, can you move the adjustable resistance for calibration to the side a little bit, we use oled 2.42 will block, can only replace the small screen to calibrate

Reply #3661
My enclosure has a hole for this, so I cannot move it.

Reply #3662
@sparkybg
Thanks a lot that you are back and moving your project a bit further. 4-layer PCB gonna be great upgrade!

About FLIR ONE PRO.. I believe you considered the purchase a lot. I have heard rumors that people are dissatisfied with the integrated battery and cameras behavior when the battery is no longer in the best condition, also annoying logo on the picture.

Maybe SEEK CompactPRO with macro lens adapter could be better for board inspection. But it depends on the circumstances and the scope of use.

I see on tindie that @love diy has about 50pcs PCB on stock. I hope it won't be a problem for him.

@love diy
do you also sell ready-made component sets or only assembled boards?

Reply #3663
I placed 30x30x7mm FPGA heat sink on the back. Here's the result.

The hottest elements now are the recitifier diodes. I will consider SMD diodes in the next revision + another heatsink for them, or heatsink only for them - I am yet to try 0.022ohm transistors and I think they won't go too hot even without heatsink.

Reply #3664
嗨!你好,您的第二套方案多久会发布

Reply #3665
My enclosure has a hole for this, so I cannot move it.
What if you make a double choice? Add a package in the same position on the back, the pad punches through the hole, you can choose to install this adjustable resistance before and after, is it feasible

Reply #3666
I placed 30x30x7mm FPGA heat sink on the back. Here's the result.

The hottest elements now are the recitifier diodes. I will consider SMD diodes in the next revision + another heatsink for them, or heatsink only for them - I am yet to try 0.022ohm transistors and I think they won't go too hot even without heatsink.
They are really pretty hot...  ;D
How about using other packages? Such as TO-220 or full-bridge rectifier, the heatsink can be assembled the on them.

Reply #3667
They are really pretty hot...  ;D
How about using other packages? Such as TO-220 or full-bridge rectifier, the heatsink can be assembled the on them.

DPAK diodes will be used in next version, so various types of diodes will be able to be used, for example FERD, which have only 450mV forward voltage drop - half of this of SR580. With these and with 0.022ohm MOSFETs, the controller will be able to handle 6A current forever without overheating and without heatsinks.

The fuse also heats up, so fast 6.3A instead of fast 5A fuse must be used.

And, last but not the least - it never gets so hot when normal soldering work is performed, so de-facto this is not a problem even now. It gets this hot when I submerge the whole tip in isopropyl alcohol for pretty long time.

Reply #3668
Hi, here is another release,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/br0rjjv147mh68k/V1.32%20Christmas%20Edition.3gp?dl=0
which has built in LED for a better visualization and Sparky’s 1.65V active level Output, together with old features inherited from previous board. Users can use old versions of Unisolder together with the new one, just to connect to appropriate outputs without any changes. If someone is not satisfied from the delay, it can be changed by changing R5 and C1.

Reply #3669
Wow! Even my variant of Sparky's optic sensor isn't that complicated :)
Maybe it is easier to put an MCU there? Any logic/filtering would be possible and all three states could be done using a single pin.

Reply #3670
Here is it with SUD50P08 PMOS (0.022ohm) and 30x30 heatsink on the back of the board. This MOSFET can definitely drive T245 forever.

Reply #3672
Wow! Even my variant of Sparky's optic sensor isn't that complicated :)
Maybe it is easier to put an MCU there? Any logic/filtering would be possible and all three states could be done using a single pin.
I try to keep the same board dimentions, while keeping also the old good gate's input, Adding and extra IC for extra operations like MCU or faster output gates, will make it bigger. My next project, may be could need upgrade like that, but step by step, first I need to prove it working :)

Reply #3673
Here is it with SUD50P08 PMOS (0.022ohm) and 30x30 heatsink on the back of the board. This MOSFET can definitely drive T245 forever.
I use them for a years and I did not find a big difference from origin one for a common use ( not for the extreme conditions ) What I find out was , if you have some compromising component, nothing will help you for the performance. Mine IDC 10 Pin cable betrayed me and I replaced it with dupont 10p double row. If someone have suspicious behavior and have found all components are ok, just check it from pin solder to pin solder.

Reply #3674
Wow, much better than before! ;)
Is it suitable to replace mosfet with SUD50P06? It has only 0.015ohm Rds(on) and much easier to buy....